NSR

Old January 23rd 05, 12:52 AM
JP

Default NSR

I *really* like the feel of the car so far. Feels much like a heavy stock
car, instead of some kind of car, floating above the track surface ala 03.
Bunch of little stuff I don't car for.

But again, until it's seen what online is like, it doesn't much matter.

Old January 23rd 05, 01:05 AM
Jan Verschueren

"JP" wrote...
> I *really* like the feel of the car so far. Feels much like
> a heavy stock car, instead of some kind of car, floating above
> the track surface ala 03. Bunch of little stuff I don't car
> for.

Par for the course as far as ISI based simulations go. The single player
driving experencience has always, hands down, eclipsed any Papy effort since
GTR for F1 2002. Kaemmer hasn't matched it in any publicly available code
yet.

> But again, until it's seen what online is like, it doesn't
> much matter.

Indeed.

Jan.(yet to try the demo and won't get around to it for at least another
week)
=--

Old January 23rd 05, 03:33 AM

JP wrote:
> I *really* like the feel of the car so far. Feels much like a heavy

stock
> car, instead of some kind of car, floating above the track surface

ala 03.
> Bunch of little stuff I don't car for.
>
> But again, until it's seen what online is like, it doesn't much

matter.

How you can possibly entertain the thought of ditching the superlative
Nascar 2003 in favour of another pathetic attempt by EA at a Nascar
simulation is beyond me.

Old January 23rd 05, 03:55 AM
JP

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> JP wrote:
> > I *really* like the feel of the car so far. Feels much like a heavy

> stock
> > car, instead of some kind of car, floating above the track surface

> ala 03.
> > Bunch of little stuff I don't car for.
> >
> > But again, until it's seen what online is like, it doesn't much

> matter.
>
> How you can possibly entertain the thought of ditching the superlative
> Nascar 2003 in favour of another pathetic attempt by EA at a Nascar
> simulation is beyond me.

<shrug> Interesting that it bothers you so much, considering you don't
work for Papy, etc.

Anyway, maybe I will, maybe not. Waaay to early to tell. Already like
some things better (because, gasp, they're done better), others I don't.
But unless the mp area is good, I couldn't care less about the good parts of
it.

Old January 23rd 05, 05:36 AM
Bill Bollinger

Long debate, but I agree with JP on this. NR2003's physics are too boring
for me. This one is fresh. It will boil down to quality of Multiplayer for
me too. If it is 80% as good as Papy most people will move to EA.

Bill Bollinger
www.gsxn.com

oups.com...

Old January 23rd 05, 01:08 PM
JTS

Bill Bollinger wrote:
> Long debate, but I agree with JP on this. NR2003's physics are too boring
> for me. This one is fresh. It will boil down to quality of Multiplayer for
> me too. If it is 80% as good as Papy most people will move to EA.

I hope it will be better than Papy, but based on the demo, its not even
close. Man, the demo really sucked IMO, especially graphics-wise. The
ugliest race game I've seen in sometime.
Old January 23rd 05, 02:00 PM
JP

"JTS" > wrote in message
> Bill Bollinger wrote:
> > Long debate, but I agree with JP on this. NR2003's physics are too

boring
> > for me. This one is fresh. It will boil down to quality of Multiplayer

for
> > me too. If it is 80% as good as Papy most people will move to EA.

> I hope it will be better than Papy, but based on the demo, its not even
> close. Man, the demo really sucked IMO, especially graphics-wise. The
> ugliest race game I've seen in sometime.

Adjust your settings. Looks great, and my intitial impression was the
same as yours.

Old January 23rd 05, 02:11 PM
Bill Bollinger

Then you must have something set up wrong. Mine are on equal par with
NR2003. Heck, in some areas it is ahead. Note: I have modified my rear
view mirror and am running at 4x AA. Both titles look just about the same.

Bill Bollinger
www.gsxn.com

Old January 24th 05, 06:37 PM
Buck411