Okay....that funky radio

Old August 30th 04, 10:09 PM
JJ

Default Okay....that funky radio

2003 A4 with the non-BOSE...twice in the past two months the AM has gone
south. Total static. Today....I got in my car. No rain....no care wash...and
boom! Bad reception again on the AM dial. The last time....it just cleared
up...after I went through a car wash...the only thing this morning
was....alot of fog. Any answers?

Old August 31st 04, 12:16 AM
Cam Newton

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 16:09:54 -0500, "JJ" > wrote:

>2003 A4 with the non-BOSE...twice in the past two months the AM has gone
>south. Total static. Today....I got in my car. No rain....no care wash...and
>boom! Bad reception again on the AM dial. The last time....it just cleared
>up...after I went through a car wash...the only thing this morning
>was....alot of fog. Any answers?

I have had various problems with my 2004 A4 non-Bose radio with some
interesting non-documented features too.

In short, there seems to be no answer. The radio seems to be
inconsistent with repeatable failures problematic. I have posted here
that a reboot solved my last problem (stop/restart vehicle) with
static that started when I was waiting to get off a ferry. I wish I
could offer something but ...
Old August 31st 04, 02:26 AM
Tony

My old 100q has had a similar problem the I can correct at will but returns.
Looking for a permanent fix.

The solution is to wiggle the power wire to the AM antenna amp which on my model
is located in the drivers side 'C' pillar inside the inside covering. Another
thing that seems to be related is the ground connection on the back of the radio
seems to need to be cleaned.

Yours may be a different issue.

Old August 31st 04, 05:34 PM
Cam Newton

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 20:26:07 -0500, Tony >
wrote:

>My old 100q has had a similar problem the I can correct at will but returns.
>Looking for a permanent fix.
>
>The solution is to wiggle the power wire to the AM antenna amp which on my model
>is located in the drivers side 'C' pillar inside the inside covering. Another
>thing that seems to be related is the ground connection on the back of the radio
>seems to need to be cleaned.
>
>Yours may be a different issue.

Might be. I had similar suggestions a few months back.

I had a mighty ****ing match with the sales idiot that I bought the
car from about this issue. Bascially he said 'enjoy the CD player'.
The really stupid and irritating part is that when I bought the car he
said I am your guy if you have a problem. I could have easily bought
the same car elsewhere or the Infiniti G35X but no, I bough from him,
cuz he was going to be my champion if I needed help with the Servric
dept.

After the email ****ing match he told me not to bother him any more. I
had to get the sales mgr at the dealer to spank him and write me an
apology. That is an email I am keeping.

Thanks

Looking for radio 97 A4 Fxrman80 Audi 0 August 15th 04 03:53 AM
NAV PLUS RADIO bad reception SAPO Audi 4 July 20th 04 10:39 PM
Poor AM Radio reception in A4 Cam Newton Audi 18 May 31st 04 11:45 PM
WTB: Old VW / Audi radio Fred Mau Audi 2 May 20th 04 01:11 AM
radio is on safe mode bofromtherock Audi 2 May 15th 04 01:33 AM