rust colored dust front rims

Old July 20th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Default rust colored dust front rims

I have a 93 Honda Accord. I've had the brakes and pads replaced at 50K
I am at 90 K and Honda says I'm down 50% back 40% front. Losing a bit
of brake fluid only when cold weather hits (?)
What concerns me is the rust colored dust accumulating on my front
wheel rims. Nothing happening with the back.
Any ideas?

Old July 21st 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
G-man422[_3_]

i've seen brake dust build up untill it doesnt come off, and begins to
turn orange.

--
G-man422
G-man422's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=351285

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old July 26th 06, 05:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
FunkyKev

G-man422 wrote:
> i've seen brake dust build up untill it doesnt come off, and begins to
> turn orange.

YES!! I have that problem on one wheel. I'll be damned if I can get
it off. Anyone have any ideas or any luck??? I need help with this.
It's as if it is chemically bonded to the rim.

Kevin

Old July 26th 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
TeGGeR®

"FunkyKev" > wrote in
oups.com:

> G-man422 wrote:
>> i've seen brake dust build up untill it doesnt come off, and begins to
>> turn orange.

> YES!! I have that problem on one wheel. I'll be damned if I can get
> it off. Anyone have any ideas or any luck??? I need help with this.
> It's as if it is chemically bonded to the rim.

Basically, it is. Rust stains are near impossible to remove.

Rusty dust is typical of either aftermarket pads or heavy rust buildup on
the discs from lack of use or maintenance.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/