Help 99 intrepid died

Old May 8th 06, 12:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Help 99 intrepid died

99 intrepid died today. Dash lights faintly flicker then go out and a
rattling sound comes from the left airconditioning vent. If I turn the
ignition switch on the noise stops but nothing else happens. Turn it off
and the rattling sound starts. No lights, clock etc, Battery tests fine.
any thoughts on this
Old May 9th 06, 01:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Check battery connections and grounds.

Old May 9th 06, 11:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Art wrote:
> Check battery connections and grounds.
>

> "me" > wrote in message
>
>>99 intrepid died today. Dash lights faintly flicker then go out and a
>>rattling sound comes from the left airconditioning vent. If I turn the
>>ignition switch on the noise stops but nothing else happens. Turn it off
>>and the rattling sound starts. No lights, clock etc, Battery tests fine.
>>any thoughts on this

Make sure you also check the positive jump post connections - that has
been known to cause such problems - with the exception of the hot wire
to the alternator, *all* electrical power to your car's systems go thru
that post. The nuts on that stud get loose creating an intermittent
high-resistance connection.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')