Haynes manual instructions

Old December 6th 04, 09:57 PM
Yvan

Nedavno Lawrence Glickman pise:

| >| Highly doubtful. In fact, probably worse.
| >|
| >| Bite the bullet and get the Factory Service Manual's.
| >|

| >I probably will.
|
| I think there is some *online* service, don't remember the name
| offhand, and they have your service manual *online.* You subscribe on
| an annual fee basis; something like $25 a year or some such. Can't
| remember the name, but, that is the way I would go.

It's http://www.alldatadiy.com. Is this really a Bentley manual on-line?
How come they (Bentley) do not sell it on CD for my car (1989 Audi 100)?

| A -physical- shop manual weights 20 pounds, takes a day to put

I found factory manual on eBay for $105 and shiping was ~ $50 :-)

| Sometimes it makes more sense to bring the dang thing into a qualified
| service shop.

Every time I go to my mechanic I am more and more convinced that I
should do repair by myself, since where I am there is no such thing as
"qualified service shop". And Audi service is to expensive for me.

--
___ ____
/__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 **
Old December 6th 04, 10:07 PM
Lawrence Glickman

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 15:52:03 -0500, "Daniel J. Stern"
> wrote:

>On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Lawrence Glickman wrote:
>
>> I think there is some *online* service, don't remember the name
>> offhand, and they have your service manual *online.*

>Alldata.

Yah, thanks. Alldata. I've heard a lot about it but haven't signed
up ( yet ).

> Naw, they don't. They have *THEIR* service manual online. It
>contains somebody else's digest of information that comes from several
>sources. Many procedures are reasonably complete, others aren't.

hmmmmm

>> A -physical- shop manual weights 20 pounds, takes a day to put
>> together into the binders, and is a monstrosity.

>Horse****. A physical shop manual consists of one or a few volumes,
>usually totalling about 5 pounds and fitting easily on a bookshelf. How do
>I know? Well, it might have something to do with the twenty or thirty
>factory service manuals I own.

So, that is horse****. I bought a service manual for a car and it
came in two cardboard boxes. And it was big, and it was heavy. Maybe
my memory of it isn't as clear as it should be, but I remember big,
and I remember heavy.

Of course, I'm not the "Hulk" you probably are, I'm just a little guy.

>> And unless you're changing out the rod bearings on your pistons or
>> something, it seems to be a *bit* of overkill for most repairs you would
>> make as a hobbyist.

>If you're trying to replace "rod bearings on your pistons", you've got
>much bigger problems than what manual to use.

exactly so

>> Sometimes it makes more sense to bring the dang thing into a qualified
>> service shop.

>Sometimes it makes more sense to know what the hell you're talking about
>before you post.

blow it out your ass.
I've been around longer than you have chump ( with a small c ). And I
know more than you do, chump. Maybe not about any one particular
thing, but things in general.

Outta my way, sleezeball. BTW, ever finish high school did we?

Lg

>DS

DS for damn shame.
Old December 6th 04, 10:07 PM
Lawrence Glickman

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 15:52:03 -0500, "Daniel J. Stern"
> wrote:

>On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Lawrence Glickman wrote:
>
>> I think there is some *online* service, don't remember the name
>> offhand, and they have your service manual *online.*

>Alldata.

Yah, thanks. Alldata. I've heard a lot about it but haven't signed
up ( yet ).

> Naw, they don't. They have *THEIR* service manual online. It
>contains somebody else's digest of information that comes from several
>sources. Many procedures are reasonably complete, others aren't.

hmmmmm

>> A -physical- shop manual weights 20 pounds, takes a day to put
>> together into the binders, and is a monstrosity.

>Horse****. A physical shop manual consists of one or a few volumes,
>usually totalling about 5 pounds and fitting easily on a bookshelf. How do
>I know? Well, it might have something to do with the twenty or thirty
>factory service manuals I own.

So, that is horse****. I bought a service manual for a car and it
came in two cardboard boxes. And it was big, and it was heavy. Maybe
my memory of it isn't as clear as it should be, but I remember big,
and I remember heavy.

Of course, I'm not the "Hulk" you probably are, I'm just a little guy.

>> And unless you're changing out the rod bearings on your pistons or
>> something, it seems to be a *bit* of overkill for most repairs you would
>> make as a hobbyist.

>If you're trying to replace "rod bearings on your pistons", you've got
>much bigger problems than what manual to use.

exactly so

>> Sometimes it makes more sense to bring the dang thing into a qualified
>> service shop.

>Sometimes it makes more sense to know what the hell you're talking about
>before you post.

blow it out your ass.
I've been around longer than you have chump ( with a small c ). And I
know more than you do, chump. Maybe not about any one particular
thing, but things in general.

Outta my way, sleezeball. BTW, ever finish high school did we?

Lg

>DS

DS for damn shame.
Old December 6th 04, 10:14 PM
Lawrence Glickman

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:57:18 +0100, Yvan > wrote:

>| >|
>| >|

>| >I probably will.
>|
>| I think there is some *online* service, don't remember the name
>| offhand, and they have your service manual *online.* You subscribe on
>| an annual fee basis; something like $25 a year or some such. Can't
>| remember the name, but, that is the way I would go.
>
>It's http://www.alldatadiy.com. Is this really a Bentley manual on-line?

Good question, Yvan. I would go over there and find out, but I have
to go on an errand shortly. Otherwise, I would be happy to find out.
It is *possible.*

>How come they (Bentley) do not sell it on CD for my car (1989 Audi 100)?

Damn good question. I suppose they want to keep the work in their
shops where they can make the MOST money.

>| A -physical- shop manual weights 20 pounds, takes a day to put
>
>I found factory manual on eBay for $105 and shiping was ~ $50 :-)

That's right, Yvan. It is big, it is expensive, it is heavy, and
you'll never even use or need 99.99% of the information in there.
That's why I would go for the *online* service, IF they have
documentation for your model car ( and year ).

>| Sometimes it makes more sense to bring the dang thing into a qualified
>| service shop.
>
>Every time I go to my mechanic I am more and more convinced that I
>should do repair by myself, since where I am there is no such thing as
>"qualified service shop". And Audi service is to expensive for me.

Exactly so Yvan. All service shops charge you twice. The
technician-baffoon get's 1/2, and the *house* gets 1/2.

And when I say baffoon, I am paying them a compliment. I had my
rotors turned at a brake shop, and when I got em back from the ******
who did the work, they were grooved so badly in a spiral pattern I
could have used them for a barber pole.

NEVER AGAIN !

These *service shop* guys out here, VERY few of them know any more
about what they are doing than you and I do, very few. Most are
retards that are hired for the manual labor. No small wonder that
their first names are Manny.

Lg

Old December 6th 04, 10:14 PM
Lawrence Glickman

Old December 7th 04, 04:13 AM
Bill Putney

Lawrence Glickman wrote:

> ...I had my
> rotors turned at a brake shop, and when I got em back from the n*****

Was that really necessary?

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')
Old December 7th 04, 04:13 AM
Bill Putney

Old December 7th 04, 04:17 AM
Bill Putney

Daniel J. Stern wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Lawrence Glickman wrote:
>

>>I think there is some *online* service, don't remember the name
>>offhand, and they have your service manual *online.*

> Alldata. Naw, they don't. They have *THEIR* service manual online. It
> contains somebody else's digest of information that comes from several
> sources. Many procedures are reasonably complete, others aren't.

Daniel,
I own two alldata subscriptions - one for a GM, the other for a Chrysler
product. While I am only recently finding that not all their
information is complete, I have consistently noticed that what they do
have is word-for-word out of the FSM. Figures and schematics are an
exact copy of the ones in the FSM.

You've obviously seen different?

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')
Old December 7th 04, 04:17 AM
Bill Putney

Old December 7th 04, 04:21 AM
Geoff

"Bill Putney" > wrote in message
> Lawrence Glickman wrote:
>
>> ...I had my
>> rotors turned at a brake shop, and when I got em back from the n*****

> Was that really necessary?
>
> Bill Putney
> (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
> adddress with the letter 'x')

Ol' Larry probably 'll think up something original to say to you now, Bill.
Maybe 'blow it out your ass' or 'go **** yourself'.

Damn, I just showed him how to spell the f-word.

--Geoff

need haynes manual Tanya Dodge 56 November 23rd 04 05:28 PM
For Sale: Haynes manual for 89-95 Dodge Spirit and Plymouth Acclaim Tony H Dodge 0 August 26th 04 02:32 PM
F.S in UK. Audi 100 & A6 Haynes Manual 1991-1997 Models Petrol & Diesel joe landy Audi 0 June 14th 04 06:33 PM