2005 Accord DX(VP) Power locks?

Old July 22nd 05, 06:38 AM
Guest

Default 2005 Accord DX(VP) Power locks?

I want to know if I can install power door locks on a 2005 Accord DX(VP)? The dealer 1st said that it was not wired, then he called his 'repair buddy' who said "there has not been a car yet that I could not put it on." I wonder. The deal has already been dealt and I got the VP in order to add additional parts later on.

What about cruise control and auto side view mirrors for the DX?

Old July 22nd 05, 08:01 AM
Brian Smith

"Guest" > wrote in message
m...

>I want to know if I can install power door locks on a 2005 Accord DX(VP)?
>The dealer 1st said that it was not >wired, then he called his 'repair
>buddy' who said "there has not been a car yet that I could not put it on."
>I wonder. >The deal has already been dealt and I got the VP in order to
>add additional parts later on.
>
>What about cruise control and auto side view mirrors for the DX?

Why didn't you purchase a model with these controls in the first place?
Wouldn't it have been less hassle?

Brian

Old July 23rd 05, 01:19 AM
Guest

www.unclet.netfirms.com
"Brian Smith" > wrote in message

> "Guest" > wrote in message
> m...
>>
>>I want to know if I can install power door locks on a 2005 Accord DX(VP)?
>>The dealer 1st said that it was not >wired, then he called his 'repair
>>buddy' who said "there has not been a car yet that I could not put it on."
>>I wonder. >The deal has already been dealt and I got the VP in order to
>>add additional parts later on.
>>
>>What about cruise control and auto side view mirrors for the DX?

> Why didn't you purchase a model with these controls in the first place?
> Wouldn't it have been less hassle?
>
> Brian

Maybe, but it was $3,000 more! Most of the features for the extra $3,000
was not worth it to me. The engine and everything is the same. The only
difference is cruise control(I like, but can do without), power door locks,
and a few other non-essential features. I have upgraded from a Civic that
had power door locks and no power windows. I prefer the power door locks
over power windows. Right now, it's so hot that using power windows is not
an option.

So does anyone have an idea? A guide or something? I plan on getting an
alarm/power door lock/alert on keychain device type of system. Also, is
there a way to put in cruise control or is it wired for it already? If no
for CC, it is ok. If I can get it I will take it. Today I was wondering if
I should have gone for the LX over the VP. It is too late now.

Old July 23rd 05, 01:57 AM
Brian Smith

"Guest" > wrote in message
m...

> Maybe, but it was $3,000 more! Most of the features for the extra $3,000
> was not worth it to me. The engine and everything is the same. The only
> difference is cruise control(I like, but can do without), power door
> locks, and a few other non-essential features. I have upgraded from a
> Civic that had power door locks and no power windows. I prefer the power
> door locks over power windows. Right now, it's so hot that using power
> windows is not an option.

Okay, thanks for giving me that insight. In my opinion it would have made
life easier (even though the next model up was $3000.00) to go to the next
level. When you count in the cost for the options you're going to purchase
and the time it takes to have them installed, it's going to look pretty
close to the difference in price. Not to mention the non Honda items are
going to stand out as such hen looking at them (my opinion again <g>).

> So does anyone have an idea? A guide or something? I plan on getting an
> alarm/power door lock/alert on keychain device type of system. Also, is
> there a way to put in cruise control or is it wired for it already? If no
> for CC, it is ok. If I can get it I will take it. Today I was wondering
> if I should have gone for the LX over the VP. It is too late now.

When you say it's too late now, have you taken delivery of the car? Or is it
just ordered? If it is just ordered, I'm sure the dealer would gladly cancel
the order and sell you the next model up (it's more money in his pocket).

Brian

Old July 23rd 05, 03:03 PM
Guest

> "Guest" > wrote in message
> m...
>>
>> Maybe, but it was $3,000 more! Most of the features for the extra $3,000
>> was not worth it to me. The engine and everything is the same. The only
>> difference is cruise control(I like, but can do without), power door
>> locks, and a few other non-essential features. I have upgraded from a
>> Civic that had power door locks and no power windows. I prefer the power
>> door locks over power windows. Right now, it's so hot that using power
>> windows is not an option.

> Okay, thanks for giving me that insight. In my opinion it would have made
> life easier (even though the next model up was $3000.00) to go to the next
> level. When you count in the cost for the options you're going to purchase
> and the time it takes to have them installed, it's going to look pretty
> close to the difference in price. Not to mention the non Honda items are
> going to stand out as such hen looking at them (my opinion again <g>).
>
>> So does anyone have an idea? A guide or something? I plan on getting an
>> alarm/power door lock/alert on keychain device type of system. Also, is
>> there a way to put in cruise control or is it wired for it already? If
>> no for CC, it is ok. If I can get it I will take it. Today I was
>> wondering if I should have gone for the LX over the VP. It is too late
>> now.

> When you say it's too late now, have you taken delivery of the car? Or is
> it just ordered? If it is just ordered, I'm sure the dealer would gladly
> cancel the order and sell you the next model up (it's more money in his
> pocket).
>
> Brian

I have the car.

Old July 24th 05, 02:58 AM
Brian Smith

"Guest" > wrote in message
m...

> I have the car.

I see. Good luck with your upgrades.

Brian

Old July 24th 05, 06:16 AM
Guest

> "Guest" > wrote in message
> m...
>>
>> I have the car.

> I see. Good luck with your upgrades.
>
> Brian

Thanks for the advice...?

Old July 24th 05, 03:03 PM
Brian Smith

"Guest" > wrote in message
m...

> Thanks for the advice...?

You're welcome {;^)

Old July 24th 05, 09:10 PM
Guest

Now does anyone have any answers to my questions?

Old July 25th 05, 04:12 AM
SoCalMike

Guest wrote:
> Now does anyone have any answers to my questions?

i wouldnt count on any wiring being there. the stripped down model
likely uses a smaller, cheaper wiring harness because there is no
navigation or advanced electronics involved. only 4 ways to tell...

take the door liner off and look
ask a honda tech who has worked on the stripped accord
get the helm manual
check an online parts catalog, like the one at majestic honda.

2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 Demo Price? BAS Honda 14 June 30th 05 03:53 PM
Power locks pump donnyboy Audi 13 March 14th 05 03:10 PM
thinking about buying a temporary car Magnulus Driving 144 March 8th 05 05:40 PM
1993 525i - power locks unlocking themselves Stewart BMW 2 October 18th 04 12:02 AM
96 Caravan power locks Chas Stokes Dodge 1 May 8th 04 09:41 AM