This group has gone to ****

Old July 2nd 05, 02:14 PM
John Simmons

In article >,
says...
> "John Simmons" wrote...
>
> > Wow, how long has that been the case? What happened?

> Surprised to hear that too.
>
> I went over to V8 Thunder in the interseason, sort of got stuck there and
> didn't follow events here...

Well, if any of the old RASCAR or RRH guys are interested, we're running
some pretty good races at NASCOR. They have online and offline stuff,
and they're using cup, cts, bgn, and aero.

Old July 2nd 05, 03:03 PM
ZZ Busch

In article >,
says...

>> "John Simmons" wrote...

>> Surprised to hear that too.
>>
>> I went over to V8 Thunder in the interseason, sort of got stuck

there and
>> didn't follow events here...

Well, if any of the old RASCAR or RRH guys are interested, we're running
some pretty good races at NASCOR. They have online and offline stuff,
and they're using cup, cts, bgn, and aero.

---------------------------

Maybe RASCAR should be reincarnated to GTRascar? Or perhaps Rfascar?

There are ovals for GTR now. I have a GTR server running that can hold
12 - 14.
--
Richard "ZZ" Busch

GTRank

Member:
Screamers Racing League
oAo
AoA
MARA GTR
GT Rank +34.560
NGT Rank +37.765
GT Rank Monster +1163.777
GPL Rank + 14.768
MoGPL Rank + 308.654
N2003 Rank -18.8060
----------------
Remember racecar is racecar spelled backward
-----------------

<a
href="http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&amp;id=0&amp;t=1">Get
Firefox!</a>

Old July 2nd 05, 03:49 PM
Tony Rickard

ZZ Busch wrote:

> Maybe RASCAR should be reincarnated to GTRascar? Or perhaps Rfascar?
>
> There are ovals for GTR now. I have a GTR server running that can hold
> 12 - 14.

Plus LFS S2 - which might be a fun blast for drivers from RAS to meet up.

I've always liked the early "club" concept of RASCAR where it was a
place for drivers who participate in RAS to join up and have a chat and
a race online. I don't believe it should matter what the sim is, GTR one
time, LFS another, rFactor another as they become available. A good
opportunity to try out a sim, get some helpful advice and have some fun
side by side racing.

The concept is great but it does need some managing as not everybody get
along all of the time...

LFS S2 has that jump in and drive quality that might suit if anyone
fancies a RASCAR resurrection race some time soon.

Cheers
Tony
Old July 2nd 05, 07:15 PM
ZZ Busch

ZZ Busch wrote:

> Maybe RASCAR should be reincarnated to GTRascar? Or perhaps Rfascar?
>
> There are ovals for GTR now. I have a GTR server running that can

hold 12 - 14.

Plus LFS S2 - which might be a fun blast for drivers from RAS to meet up.

I've always liked the early "club" concept of RASCAR where it was a
place for drivers who participate in RAS to join up and have a chat and
a race online. I don't believe it should matter what the sim is, GTR one
time, LFS another, rFactor another as they become available. A good
opportunity to try out a sim, get some helpful advice and have some fun
side by side racing.

The concept is great but it does need some managing as not everybody get
along all of the time...

LFS S2 has that jump in and drive quality that might suit if anyone
fancies a RASCAR resurrection race some time soon.

Cheers
Tony

------------------------

That's a good idea Tony. I'm almost ready to take the LFS plunge. I
just got to figure out which option to pay for to get the full package.

I suppose LFS has a dedicated server option?

I wonder if a show of hands from interested RAS'ers would help move this
along.

--
Richard "ZZ" Busch

GTRank

Member:
Screamers Racing League
oAo
AoA
MARA GTR
GT Rank +34.560
NGT Rank +37.765
GT Rank Monster +1163.777
GPL Rank + 14.768
MoGPL Rank + 308.654
N2003 Rank -18.8060
----------------

Old July 2nd 05, 10:34 PM
elrikk

"ZZ Busch" > wrote in message
om...
> ZZ Busch wrote:
>
> > Maybe RASCAR should be reincarnated to GTRascar? Or perhaps Rfascar?
> >
> > There are ovals for GTR now. I have a GTR server running that can

> hold 12 - 14.
>

> Plus LFS S2 - which might be a fun blast for drivers from RAS to meet up.
>
> I've always liked the early "club" concept of RASCAR where it was a
> place for drivers who participate in RAS to join up and have a chat and
> a race online. I don't believe it should matter what the sim is, GTR one
> time, LFS another, rFactor another as they become available. A good
> opportunity to try out a sim, get some helpful advice and have some fun
> side by side racing.
>
> The concept is great but it does need some managing as not everybody get
> along all of the time...
>
> LFS S2 has that jump in and drive quality that might suit if anyone
> fancies a RASCAR resurrection race some time soon.
>
> Cheers
> Tony
>
> ------------------------
>
> That's a good idea Tony. I'm almost ready to take the LFS plunge. I
> just got to figure out which option to pay for to get the full package.
>
> I suppose LFS has a dedicated server option?
>
> I wonder if a show of hands from interested RAS'ers would help move this
> along.

I've owned LFS since it came out (and the 2nd part) but haven't tried it
online.

Will get RFactor as soon as it is available. Have tried the demo on and
offline.

Would love to race either of them with the RASCAR regulars or anyone else
who tolerates a driver who will try to stay out of the way of the 'speed
demons' while enjoying racing mid pack.

Elrikk

Old July 2nd 05, 10:41 PM
Mitch_A

My NR2003 days are *basically* over.

I really like GTR but a large numbers of racers never materialized like I
thought/hoped they would which made me lose interest, at least taking it as
seriously as Id like.

Pickup racing on Racemore in a full real GT race takes some SERIOUS skill
which most dont have so after the first 2 laps the field goes from the mid
twenties to two or three. Not saying their isnt some very fast skilled
drivers its just the numbers are pretty low.

GTR is the current best of class pure racing sim (imo) so I assumed (u know
what they say about assuming anything) RASCAR would make the transition asap
after release in NA. Never happened though I did try very hard and prolly
lost a few friends in the heat of the conversation but I saw the writing on
the wall before this season started and was being proactive about it instead
of drivers just slowly fading away week by week.

Add to that mix wreckers like Fredrickson/Reggie (Larry Bakesmith) that come
into two races out of thirty just to wreck me out of top 5's and then RASCAR
mgt's inability to punish this known wrecker by banning him as we should
have and it was over for me. (yes I wanted one fn sentence lol)

RFactor looks VERY promising and sounds like its close to release. Maybe
when its out we can all get back on the same page. Right now simracing is a
fragmented mess.

Mitch

Old July 4th 05, 07:45 PM
Mitch_A

Youre changing the subject midstream

I agree in your statement of diversity in the numbers of titles. Youre
right we have more of and better stuff than ever.

What I was talking about specifically was the group concept in todays world
of 5-6 very good titles. 20 people will never agree on anything ever
despite a common interest.

Mitch

Old July 5th 05, 04:04 PM
Byron Forbes

"Mitch_A" > wrote in message
news
> My NR2003 days are *basically* over.
>
> I really like GTR but a large numbers of racers never materialized like I
> thought/hoped they would which made me lose interest, at least taking it
> as seriously as Id like.

Read Huttu's comments on GTR in autosim?

Why would a "serious" simmer waste their time prepping for a league race
only to have it all flushed down the ****house by pitiful software bugs.
Online racing can be frustrating enough with connection issues and poor
driving from others without the added and uneccessary annoyance of faulty
software.

There are good points about GTR, but as an online racing platform it
stinks like ****!

Old July 5th 05, 07:01 PM
Larry

"Done" is not quite correct. It's in hiatis until a new Sim comes around.
rFactor is the biggest contender right now.

We're all still in touch, still have the web site, and still chat.

The loss of Sierra was kinda what pushed it over the edge I think, though
NR2003 was also showing too many cobwebs for some.

-Larry

FAQ for this newsgroup Dima BMW 5 May 11th 05 10:19 PM
Well it looks like Mitch is trying to ruin this group like he didthe flight sim group artie beamer Simulators 14 April 3rd 05 12:00 AM
Thanks to the Group! - problem solved Larry Saturn 2 March 6th 05 09:23 PM
Chrysler group set to kill off its Dodge Stratus and Chrysler Sebringcoupes MoPar Man Chrysler 54 January 3rd 05 04:21 PM