2006 Chrysler 300C LEMON

Old July 2nd 05, 11:01 AM
Angelo D via CarKB.com

Steve wrote:
> since the tranny
>> and driveshaft are a mercedes item, they are peobably dealing with mercedes
>> for technical support. Therefore it probably takes time to figure out.

>Its not "a Mercedes item." That particular transmission, while based on
>a Mercedes design, is different and is built in Kokomo, Indiana- a
>long-time Chrysler transmission factory.
>
>But I agree- this is probably the first time they've seen this complaint
>and are wanting to get factory involvement to figure it out (if its not
>just a troll as I still suspect somewhat... ;-)
>
>It bothers me a little bit when consumers have a problem, immediately

Steve,your right,its mechanical device.ok? What I'm bitching about is,at 44k
where the f&^*k is the factory quality control?How do you deliver a vehicle
to a dealer to sell in this condition? Your gonna tell me the dealer was
unaware of this problem? Right! A.D.

Old July 2nd 05, 11:02 AM
Angelo D via CarKB.com

Sarge wrote:
>Angelo D via CarKB.com wrote: "For the money I paid Sarge,,they should have
>"REPLACED" the vehicle with a
>completely new one,but.no,,now we have to suffer the aggravation of dealing
>with a "lemon" and constant trips back and forth to this dealer."
>
>They are following the law in regards to lemon law. The dealership is not
>going to give you a new vehicle unless require to either under the law or
>told to by the Chrysler corporation. Check your state's lemon law. You are
>required to have the vehicle repaired 3 times for the same problem.
>
>Direct quote from www.lemonlaw.com
>
>The New Jersey Lemon Law applies to new cars, both purchased and leased,

thanks for the lemon law lesson Sarge,but,I already read up on it.Appreciate
it.. A.D.

Old July 2nd 05, 11:04 AM
Angelo D via CarKB.com

Matt Whiting wrote:
wrote: "can you identify the dealer.. I live in NJ and
>>>am considering a 300C."

>[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
>> completely new one,but.no,,now we have to suffer the aggravation of dealing
>> with a "lemon" and constant trips back and forth to this dealer.

>How do you know that? They may well find and fix the problem and you'll
>be good as new, or in this case, better than new.
>
>Matt

Matt, I didn't buy a defective vehicle,,I was under the impression that "new"
was "new"....A.D.

Old July 2nd 05, 11:06 AM
Angelo D via CarKB.com

General Schvantzkoph wrote:
>> General Schvantzkoph: "Lemon laws are stacked in favor of the car
>> companies. My business partner had an $75K Audi that was never right. It was

>[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
>>
>> Sarge

>The New Hampshire law is similar, the problem is the cost of getting them
>to replace the car if they can't fix it. In my partner's case they tried
>over and over to fix it but they were never able to correct the problem.
>Audi has tiger teams of expert mechanics that they send in when the dealer
>can't handle the problem, they weren't able to fix it either. With any
>other good the company would just replace it but car companies don't do
>that. You have to take them to arbitration and the arbitrator has to order

Thankyou Sarge,,exactly my point!!! A.D.

Old July 2nd 05, 11:11 AM
Angelo D via CarKB.com

Dawgz83944 wrote:

> > miles on it and

>[quoted text clipped - 27 lines]
> > > | |
> > > .|.||/..

>God boohoo I have 3 friend that have 300c’s. 1) has 25251mi 2) has
>10367mi 3) has 546mi. All have no problems. I’m sure since you are
>familiar with mistakes (Chevy Neon) there can be wierd problems with a
>complicated piece of machinery like a car. I’m also sure that Mercedes
>who if I remember correctly made the tranny for the car knows what
>they are doing. However I also believe they should take care of it for
>no charge and since the cavalier has to have power steering either
>file a law suit or call DC and complain. Whining about it isn’t gonna
>fix anything. Don’t forget this car is all old Mercedes E Class except
>the engine. Rest assured they will fix the problem and it’s your fault
>you paid $44k for a $35k car. If no one paid $44k for the car then it
>would sell for what it’s worth. Just my .02

Mistakes????Mercedes tranny? This world is FULL of fools like you Dawg...A.D.

Old July 2nd 05, 11:15 AM
Angelo D via CarKB.com

Peter A. Stavrakoglou wrote:
>>I just bought the 06 300C for a price of 44K...It had 38 miles on it and is
>> now in the dealers repair facility.There is an apparent transmission

>[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]
>> the
>> New Jersey Lemon Law. Will keep you posted..

>A Neon is unacceptable. I had some intital problems with my 300C that
>caused three repairs for the same problem (finally found the problem - a
>screw was shorting out the PCM). This wasn't a major problem like yours but
>I was not happy after spending 36K and having a the "Check Engine" light
>come on the first day I drove it. The dealer provided a loaner each time, a
>Subaru Imprezza (they also sell Subarus). After the second time, I wouldn't
>accept that type of car for a loaner. After spending that much on a car and
>having it in the shop immediately, I wanted a better car. They obliged with
>no hassle. They gave me a Pacifica which they had to rent since they had
>none available as loaners off of their lot.

Good for you Pete...As I mentioned I don't blame the dealer as much as I do
Chrysler. The dealer is being more than hospitable in this situation.He
didn't have any available loaners at hte time and that was the reason for the
rental.I have since been moved to a better loaner...A.D.

Old July 2nd 05, 11:16 AM
Angelo D via CarKB.com

tim bur wrote:
>have the dealer drop the trans pan and if any white fluid is present then the
>trans has to be flushed out a couple of times to correct the 4-5 gear shudder
>from the water getting into the trans fromm the bad seal at the dipstick tube

Tim,,since these mechanics are "supposed" to be Chrysler professionals I
would asssume that they should know that..at least I hope so,,thanks anyway..
A.D.

Old July 2nd 05, 11:18 AM
Angelo D via CarKB.com

Old July 2nd 05, 01:49 PM
David

"Angelo D via CarKB.com" > wrote in message
> David wrote:
>>> For the money I paid Sarge,,they should have "REPLACED" the vehicle with
>>> completely new one,but.no,,now we have to suffer the aggravation of
>>> dealing
>>> with a "lemon" and constant trips back and forth to this dealer.

>>It's a lemon because of the one problem you posted? what are you a @%$^%
>>moron!
>>
>>They are probably having a problem diagnosing it because it has not
>>happened
>>before. So if you are the first customer with this problem, what is the
>>dealership to do? Wave there magic wand and diagnose it? since the tranny
>>and driveshaft are a mercedes item, they are peobably dealing with
>>mercedes
>>for technical support. Therefore it probably takes time to figure out.
>>Obviously YOU know the problem, So here is an idea. You get your car, and
>>you fix it, and then send the bill the DC. They will re-imburse you.

> I only see one moron here David~ And thats YOU! You missed the point
> altogether..This is a brand new vehicle,get it? How does a dealership
> deliver
> a new vehicle in this condition?At a price of 44K dolars.get it? MORON!

Same reason the space shuttle keeps blowing up TROLL!
Vehicles are mechanical pieces bolted together. If and when something
decides to break is not under anyones control. Let's see, the space shuttle
is going on 30 years old, and yet that piece of **** is breaking down even
when a brand new piece is bolted to it! And I am sure they have the highest
quality control! DUH! TROLL! And then you bang your head on the desk in
front of you to get some brain function or blood flow up there!

Old July 2nd 05, 02:47 PM
Matt Whiting

Angelo D via CarKB.com wrote:

> Matt Whiting wrote:

wrote: "can you identify the dealer.. I live in NJ and

>>[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
>>
>>>completely new one,but.no,,now we have to suffer the aggravation of dealing
>>>with a "lemon" and constant trips back and forth to this dealer.

>>How do you know that? They may well find and fix the problem and you'll
>>be good as new, or in this case, better than new.
>>
>>Matt

> Matt, I didn't buy a defective vehicle,,I was under the impression that "new"
> was "new"....A.D.

New and "not defective" aren't synonymous. Almost all new vehicles are
defective in one way or another. Nothing is 100% perfect. And many
used vehicles are closer to perfect as the owner has had all of the bugs
taken care of.

Matt