Door

Old January 8th 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Fijoy George

Default Door

Hi all,

The driver side door of my 91 Honda Accord cannot be opened from inside. I
can only open it from outside. Has anyone had this problem before?

I am also wondering whether it is easy to get access to the mechanical parts
inside the door so that I can see what is wrong, and possibly, replair it by
myself. Is this something a novice can do? It is just that the labor costs
are so high!

Thank you very much!
Fijoy

Old January 10th 08, 03:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
StephenW

probally the inside handle broke. You have to remove the door panel to see.
Then replace whatever is broke,

--
Steve
ASE Master Tech

Old January 10th 08, 04:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Ron

On Jan 8, 11:23 am, "Fijoy George" > wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The driver side door of my 91 Honda Accord cannot be opened from inside. I
> can only open it from outside. Has anyone had this problem before?
>
> I am also wondering whether it is easy to get access to the mechanical parts
> inside the door so that I can see what is wrong, and possibly, replair it by
> myself. Is this something a novice can do? It is just that the labor costs
> are so high!
>
> Thank you very much!
> Fijoy

The rod that operates the latch probably came loose from the handle.
There is a plastic clip that holds the rod in place. It could have
come loose or broke. I believe there is one screw securing the handle
(underneath a small plastic cap) take the handle loose and check it.
Old January 10th 08, 04:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

----------

Parts diagrams for similar Hondas are at www.slhondaparts.com

Remove all the screws and a couple connectors before popping the panel
off in an upward motion.

'Curly'
Old January 11th 08, 06:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Ron

On Jan 9, 11:45 pm, motsco_ > wrote:
> Fijoy George wrote:
> > Hi all,

> > The driver side door of my 91 Honda Accord cannot be opened from inside. I
> > can only open it from outside. Has anyone had this problem before?

> Parts diagrams for similar Hondas are atwww.slhondaparts.com
>
> Remove all the screws and a couple connectors before popping the panel
> off in an upward motion.
>
> 'Curly'

Maybe it's just me but I find this to be a better source for
schematics.

www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/ (Majestic Honda)