Leak in Master Cylinder

Old May 19th 05, 01:40 PM
TeGGeR®

SoCalMike > wrote in
:

> TeGGeR® wrote:
>>
>> Here's a fun one:
>> http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/rusty...old_rotors.jpg
>> This person came to me complaining of "grinding" from her Aerostar's
>> brakes. How long had this been happening? "Oh, it just started..."
>> Yeah, right.
>> Yes, the inner rotor face is totally gone. It takes a while to work
>> the piston back into the caliper when it's sticking out that far.

> shoulda kept driving it, and it woulda turned from a vented rotor to a
> solid one!

Ah yes, an unvented rotor...suddenly, it's the '70s again!

LOL

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old May 19th 05, 06:52 PM
Jason

In article >, jim beam
> wrote:

> Nick wrote:
> > On 17 May 2005 00:58:47 -0700, wrote:
> >

> >>I took my 89 Civic car to two mech. They told me my car is leaking

> >>from m/c. They told me to replace right away. I talked about brake

> >>line leaking. They jacked it up and showed me my brake line are all
> >>fine. He said just change the m/c. My simply thought is m/c is so
> >>small I'm thinking I can changed by myself. I believe
> >>the leak is between m/c and power boost. is there a seal or
> >>gasket place bewteen m/c and power boost. all I can do is just
> >>unscrew two bolts holding a m/c from power boost. do you think
> >>I just replace the seal or gasket rather than replace the whole
> >>master cylinder?

> > This isn't really a difficult job to do (~about an hr or less). I'd
> > recommend you get a Haynes manual or the factory manual if this is
> > your first time doing this. Just have someone on hand to assist you
> > with purging air out of the system (at the MC after install and at
> > each end of the brake lines) and have a flair wrench to loosen the
> > screws for the brake lines at the MC.
> >

> > Nick

> for most people nick, that would be sound advice. however, the o.p. is
> well known here and regularly demonstrates a frightening inability to
> grasp basic mechanics. google this forum for some of their posts. the
> /only/ safe advice here is to take the vehicle to someone that knows
> what they're doing.

Great post--I agree with you.

--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.

Master Cylinder Questions Noice87 VW air cooled 5 May 6th 05 04:32 AM
dual ci6rcuit master brake cylinder JS VW air cooled 3 December 20th 04 02:42 PM
'97 Voyager - Brakes MamaB Dodge 20 December 6th 04 12:26 AM
67 beetle master cylinder spacer Hal VW air cooled 8 November 13th 04 03:17 AM
Master Cylinder - which part number should I use? Chuck Townsley VW air cooled 4 October 21st 04 03:55 PM