1999 T & C A/C Recharging/Low pressure switch location

Old June 12th 05, 07:35 PM
ab2ih

Default 1999 T & C A/C Recharging/Low pressure switch location

It’s hot and time to use the A/C. It’s blowing hot air, the
compressor won’t turn on, and I can’t find the low pressure cutout
switch to bypass and get the compressor to run and allow me to add a
couple of cans of R-134a. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Chrysler-1...ict124171.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=604620
Old June 15th 05, 01:14 AM
tim bur

there is a leak in the system if it's low but there is many things on that van that can keep the system from starting
up and if u have to ask then it should be done by someone who knows what they are doing. no disrespect intended
just trying to keep someone from blowing up the can of 134 in the face

Old June 15th 05, 09:04 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

"tim bur" > wrote in message
> there is a leak in the system if it's low but there is many things on that

van that can keep the system from starting
> up and if u have to ask then it should be done by someone who knows what

they are doing. no disrespect intended
> just trying to keep someone from blowing up the can of 134 in the face

Not to mention that if you are intending on bypassing the cutoff switch you
really really fall into the
class of "get someone who knows what they are doing before you hurt
yourself" It's completely unnecessary,
a pot of hot tapwater will easily force enough refrigerant into the system
to trigger the compressor.

Ted

Old June 15th 05, 06:36 PM
ab2ih

"tim bur" wrote:
> there is a leak in the system if it's low but there is many
> things on that van that can keep the system from starting
> up and if u have to ask then it should be done by someone who
> knows what they are doing. no disrespect intended
> just trying to keep someone from blowing up the can of 134 in
> the face
>
> ab2ih wrote:
>
> > It’s hot and time to use the A/C. It’s blowing hot air, the
> > compressor won’t turn on, and I can’t find the low pressure

> cutout
> > switch to bypass and get the compressor to run and allow me

> to add a
> > couple of cans of R-134a. Any suggestions would be helpful.
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request

> standards
> > Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Chrysler-1...ict124171.html
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=604620

Thanks for the reply Tim.
The 1993 G. Caravan I just sold was easy to work on because I have
the factory service manual, however I have not gotten the FSM for the
1999 T&Country yet, just thought someone out their would be able to
say something like ’ find the connector mounted on the drivers
wheelwell and short pins 9 + 10". I dread the thought of taking it
to the dealer and being presented with a bill for $1000 when I might
be able to replace a part myself and recharge it for $200. My
profession is not an Automotive tech., but rather an Electronics tech.
and grew up working on cars often.
Scott.
Old June 16th 05, 03:36 AM
tim bur

open the glove box and look for a round plug in the side of the hvac housing turn and pull the fin sensor out of the way
and look at the evap for oil residue on the bottom if thereis, there is your leak