Opinions wanted Landcruiser vs. 4runner

Old June 23rd 04, 04:40 PM
Steve Mestdagh

"Exit" > wrote in message >...
> "Steve Mestdagh" > wrote in message
> om...
> I drive my Focus for everything else. I wish they
> > offered the car selection in the US, that they do in Europe. Instead
> > of my Focus, I'd have a cool little hot rod, high torque diesel w/
> > GREAT gas mileage.
> > -s

> Or maybe you could even do that and keep a Focus!
>
> http://www.ford.co.uk/ie/focus/foc_e...isport/-/-/-/-

too bad it's not offered in the US.
-s
Old June 23rd 04, 05:02 PM
Exit

"Steve Mestdagh" > wrote in message
m...
> "Exit" > wrote in message

> > "Steve Mestdagh" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > I drive my Focus for everything else. I wish they
> > > offered the car selection in the US, that they do in Europe. Instead
> > > of my Focus, I'd have a cool little hot rod, high torque diesel w/
> > > GREAT gas mileage.
> > > -s

> > Or maybe you could even do that and keep a Focus!
> >
> > http://www.ford.co.uk/ie/focus/foc_e...isport/-/-/-/-

> too bad it's not offered in the US.
> -s

Shame - I hope diesels catch on over there one day.

Old June 23rd 04, 05:02 PM
Exit

Old July 3rd 04, 04:22 AM
ben

there are so many variables in any arguement esp. an environmental
one.

but for sake of arguement lets look at a station wagon vs truck, no
matter how ya look at it the truck will get worst mileage lets say 5
miles per gal less (which is not an unreasonable assumption).

over the course of a year say a truck like a 4 runner gets 18 MPG, if
ya drive 10,000 miles that is 555.55 gals of gas.

in a wagon that gets 23 mpg, if ya drive 10,000 miles that means ya
burn 434.78 gals of gas.

ya can play with an on line calculator to figure out the carbon load:

http://www.infinitepower.org/calc_carbon.htm

as ya see small differences do add up.....

then there are costs of pollution like health care costs, that ya have
to some how figure in, then ya consider that insurance on a truck is
going to be higher than a wagon (at least that was what I found out
when I looked at insuring a truck and wagon of equal value), blab,
blab, blab....

bottom line IMHO is get the right vehicle for the job, just don't
blindly buy a truck or SUV cause ya think its cooler than a wagon (too
many people have been sold a load of junk cause it was marketed in an
appealing way).

http://www.phaster.com/counter-ads/counter-suvs.html

Old July 5th 04, 03:51 AM
clangq

"Exit" > wrote in message >.. .
> "Steve Mestdagh" > wrote in message
> m...
> > "Exit" > wrote in message

> > > "Steve Mestdagh" > wrote in message
> > > om...
> > > I drive my Focus for everything else. I wish they
> > >
> > > Or maybe you could even do that and keep a Focus!
> > >
> > > http://www.ford.co.uk/ie/focus/foc_e...isport/-/-/-/-

> > too bad it's not offered in the US.
> > -s

> Shame - I hope diesels catch on over there one day.

Huh???? Aren't diesel particulates one of the worst kinds of pollution?
Old July 6th 04, 03:47 AM
Chris Phillipo

> > Shame - I hope diesels catch on over there one day.

> Huh???? Aren't diesel particulates one of the worst kinds of pollution?

No I think hype is the worst form of polution. It's invaded your mind.
--
Remove "X" from email address to reply.