Rear Wheel Bearings Suddenly Bad...The Outcome

Old November 20th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Pete D

Default Rear Wheel Bearings Suddenly Bad...The Outcome

Just a note to all those who posted about my rear wheel bearing failures
following a rear brake job...

After several discussions with the service manager, he informed me that
after contacting Ford, they agreed to pick up the tab if I'd be willing to
pay a $50 'deductible'...not bad considering the bearing hub assemblies are
$260 apiece. There was no admission of guilt on their part, however the bulk
of our level-headed dialogue revolved around the statistical improbability
of the double-failure versus the likelihood of a 'heavy handed' tech
laterally whapping a rusted-on rotor to remove it, and the resultant
potential of bearing damage.

Seems like sanity and common sense prevailed this time. Anyway, I want to
thank all of you who took the time to post.

Pete D in Cleveland

headlights on all day Kriznaft BMW 81 October 28th 06 07:01 PM
1987 626 rear wheel bearings MARCUS CHACONA Mazda 0 September 22nd 06 09:12 AM
Change Wheel Bearings in 1992 E36 325i Kevin Shen BMW 0 July 20th 06 07:01 PM
steering wheel suddenly moved 45 degrees, now cocked RobH Technology 16 June 12th 06 03:09 PM
Geo Metro R wheel bearings keep failing JOHN D Technology 7 February 2nd 05 12:17 AM