Momo Force - Standard Phone Cable ?

Old January 23rd 05, 08:26 PM
Larry

Default Momo Force - Standard Phone Cable ?

The cable that goes between the pedals and wheel... Is that a standard phone
cable?

I'm going to pick up a Momo Force and I remember the GP I had the cable was
WAY too short to go around the back of my desk to the pedals...

I just think it's time to try something besides the MSFFW. I'll probably go
back to it (I usually do), but I believe the limited rotation/resolution of
the MSFFW is actually starting to hurt these days.

-Larry

Old January 23rd 05, 09:58 PM
Jone Tytlandsvik

Larry wrote:
> The cable that goes between the pedals and wheel... Is that a
> standard phone cable?

You mean the Racing Force? The black one with a shifter? It's a DB9, or
standard serial cable if you like. It's probably "hardwired" to the pedals
so you will need a full wired extention cable.

--
Jone Tytlandsvik
http://tytlandsvik.no

Old January 24th 05, 12:57 AM
Larry

Rats I thought it had RJ11's...

On a second note. The Pro wheel for PS2. The one with 900 degree's of
motion. I know it's not sold for the PC, but does it _work_ on the PC and
does the Wingman Software support it properly ?

-Larry

Old January 24th 05, 02:21 AM
David G Fisher

I guess there's no way to modify the MS wheel with a different pot?

--
David G Fisher

Old January 24th 05, 07:22 AM
Jone Tytlandsvik

David G Fisher wrote:
> I guess there's no way to modify the MS wheel with a different pot?

The wheel is optical.

--
Jone Tytlandsvik
http://tytlandsvik.no

Old January 24th 05, 07:44 AM
Jone Tytlandsvik

Larry wrote:

> On a second note. The Pro wheel for PS2. The one with 900 degree's
> of motion. I know it's not sold for the PC, but does it _work_ on
> the PC and does the Wingman Software support it properly ?

The wingman software supports it using a driver for a similar Logitech
wheel. But there is no specific driver for this wheel yet. There are rumors
and the developers strongly suggest there will be something in the future
(look at the wingman forum).
Some people look at the DFP as the best Logi wheel for the PC at the moment
(even better than the red momo) so I guess the drivers must be OK. But I
would guess most simracers would prefer the red momo

DFP has the same DB9 BTW.

--
Jone Tytlandsvik
http://tytlandsvik.no

Old January 24th 05, 01:33 PM
Larry

Thanks for the info.

I actually sold my Red Momo. It only had a few hours on it. The wheel was
great, but the pedals were intolerable to me.

Old January 24th 05, 01:34 PM
Larry

It's all optical.

I think it's ok, really. It only has 64 steps of resolution from what I
understand and I think that might be part of my road-course issues.

-Larry

Old January 25th 05, 06:31 AM
David G Fisher

When not at 900, that wheel uses 200 degrees of rotation instead of 240 like
the Momo racing force. Isn't 200 the same as the MS wheel?

--
David G Fisher

Old January 25th 05, 11:28 PM
Jone Tytlandsvik

Larry wrote:
> Thanks for the info.
>
> I actually sold my Red Momo. It only had a few hours on it. The
> wheel was great, but the pedals were intolerable to me.

I know. That's why I put in a
You chickened out on adapting your MS pedals to it remember?

--
Jone Tytlandsvik
http://tytlandsvik.no