How many Kombi's are on the road world wide? Anyone seen a study?

Old February 12th 07, 04:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected]

Default How many Kombi's are on the road world wide? Anyone seen a study?

VW should have record of the number of their Kombi vehicles still
registered in each country you'd think yeh?

I wonder how many Kombi's by year, model, and country there are?
You'd use the official registration registries right?

I tried searching for such an hour or two to no avail.

I think the new engines coming off the production line at 15,000 per
annum in Brasil are dual ethanol water cooled.
These are true hippy cars being carbon neutral.
But I don't like the raised roofs of the modern Kombi. It looks more
like a utility.
I was wonder how hard it would be to cut off an old roof and put it
onto the new models? Am I dreaming?

muito apreciado,
Midex

Old February 12th 07, 01:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Papa

In the US, probably none.

Old February 13th 07, 04:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Harry Smith

On Feb 12, 7:40 am, "Papa" > wrote:
> In the US, probably none.

I guess that depends on your definition of "Kombi", but Type2.com
defines it thusly:

KOMBI - generally accepted to mean a mid-range trim model of a
Volkswagen Transporter. That is, NOT a utility/commercial truck, and
yet NOT a Deluxe model with all the bells and whistles of luxury and
convenience. Usually, a Kombi has windows along the side, seats, and
some side paneling. Kombis also had fibreboard overhead instead of a
headliner.

Using that definition that are indeed thousands left on the road,
though a more exact figure I could not guess.

Harry

Old February 15th 07, 09:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected]

On Feb 13, 4:00 am, "Harry Smith" > wrote:
> On Feb 12, 7:40 am, "Papa" > wrote:
>
> > In the US, probably none.

> I guess that depends on your definition of "Kombi", but Type2.com
> defines it thusly:
>
> KOMBI- generally accepted to mean a mid-range trim model of a
> Volkswagen Transporter. That is, NOT a utility/commercial truck, and
> yet NOT a Deluxe model with all the bells and whistles of luxury and
> convenience. Usually, aKombihas windows along the side, seats, and
> some side paneling. Kombis also had fibreboard overhead instead of a
> headliner.
>
> Using that definition that are indeed thousands left on the road,
> though a more exact figure I could not guess.
>
> Harry

I guessing these are figures VW would know?
I wonder if I write to them whether they'd be forthcoming.

Old February 15th 07, 12:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Juper Wort

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Feb 13, 4:00 am, "Harry Smith" > wrote:
> > On Feb 12, 7:40 am, "Papa" > wrote:
> >
> > > In the US, probably none.

> > I guess that depends on your definition of "Kombi", but Type2.com
> > defines it thusly:
> >
> > KOMBI- generally accepted to mean a mid-range trim model of a
> > Volkswagen Transporter. That is, NOT a utility/commercial truck, and
> > yet NOT a Deluxe model with all the bells and whistles of luxury and
> > convenience. Usually, aKombihas windows along the side, seats, and
> > some side paneling. Kombis also had fibreboard overhead instead of a
> > headliner.
> >
> > Using that definition that are indeed thousands left on the road,
> > though a more exact figure I could not guess.
> >
> > Harry

27,451

James

<BG>

Old February 15th 07, 09:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected]

On Feb 15, 12:31 pm, "Juper Wort" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...

> > > I guess that depends on your definition of "Kombi", but Type2.com
> > > defines it thusly:

> > > KOMBI- generally accepted to mean a mid-range trim model of a
> > > Volkswagen Transporter. That is, NOT a utility/commercial truck, and
> > > yet NOT a Deluxe model with all the bells and whistles of luxury and
> > > convenience. Usually, aKombihas windows along the side, seats, and
> > > some side paneling. Kombis also had fibreboard overhead instead of a
> > > headliner.

> > > Using that definition that are indeed thousands left on the road,
> > > though a more exact figure I could not guess.

> > > Harry

> 27,451
>
> James
>
> <BG>

I'm referring to the Type2 Combi.

I need primary sources. By country, by state, by model, by year.

I need the raw data. I need to know that its true and correct
according to a given set of controls. I need it signed. And I need the
provider to know I intend to rely on the information and that
reasonably incorrect data will cause monetary damages.

Brazil are manufacturing an ethanol engine for the Kombi type 2.
The market looks as though it is here to stay. There is a strong Union
in Brazil, the president Lu La was formerly the head of the Metal
Workers Union which in Brazil was mostly powered by the VW workers.

Old February 15th 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Papa

> I need primary sources. By country, by state, by model, by year.
>
> I need the raw data. I need to know that its true and correct
> according to a given set of controls. I need it signed. And I need the
> provider to know I intend to rely on the information and that
> reasonably incorrect data will cause monetary damages.

Are you really that naive? Just who do you think is going to provide you
with the "signed" information? And just how are you going to take action
across international borders in regard to "reasonably incorrect data will
cause monetary damages"?

Old February 17th 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected]

On Feb 15, 9:46 pm, "Papa" > wrote:
> > I need primary sources. By country, by state, by model, by year.

> > I need the raw data. I need to know that its true and correct
> > according to a given set of controls. I need it signed. And I need the
> > provider to know I intend to rely on the information and that
> > reasonably incorrect data will cause monetary damages.

> Are you really that naive? Just who do you think is going to provide you
> with the "signed" information? And just how are you going to take action
> across international borders in regard to "reasonably incorrect data will
> cause monetary damages"?

Good question.
In Australian case law and legislation you can sue people if they
provide information knowing that you will rely on it and tha
information turn out to be incorrect and that that incorrectness was
caused by negligence of the part who provided it.

I know how to find out how many Kombis are in Australia. I would write
to the Road Traffic Authority and ask them for the vehicle
registration stats. But I know there arn't enough Kombis in Australia
to justify my business model.

Old February 17th 07, 09:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected]

On Feb 15, 9:46 pm, "Papa" > wrote:
> > I need primary sources. By country, by state, by model, by year.

> > I need the raw data. I need to know that its true and correct
> > according to a given set of controls. I need it signed. And I need the
> > provider to know I intend to rely on the information and that
> > reasonably incorrect data will cause monetary damages.

> Are you really that naive? Just who do you think is going to provide you
> with the "signed" information? And just how are you going to take action
> across international borders in regard to "reasonably incorrect data will
> cause monetary damages"?

I think I meant "UNreasonably incorrect" information.