limited slip clutches

Old October 7th 05, 02:45 AM
gorrilla

Default limited slip clutches

I'm trying to find a clutch kit for the limited slip in a 77. I have found
a kit at the dealership, but I was hoping to find one for cheaper. If
anyone knows of a good place online to find these please let me know.

Thanks

Old October 10th 05, 02:56 PM
Tom in Missouri

There is a kit for a '63-'64 on eBay now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...075 253QQrdZ1

You should try searching for one to fit a '77.

Old October 10th 05, 11:49 PM
gorrilla

"Tom in Missouri" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> There is a kit for a '63-'64 on eBay now.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...075 253QQrdZ1
>
> You should try searching for one to fit a '77.
>

> "gorrilla" > wrote in message
>> I'm trying to find a clutch kit for the limited slip in a 77. I have
>> found a kit at the dealership, but I was hoping to find one for cheaper.
>> If anyone knows of a good place online to find these please let me know.
>>
>> Thanks

Thanks for trying, but these are the wrong style for a '77

Thanks

Old October 11th 05, 07:14 AM
Tom in Missouri

That is what I said, "There is a kit for a '63-'64 on eBay now."

1963 and 1964 used a different carrier than 1965-up used. And so I said to
search for one to fit a '77.

The '63-'64 auction was so you could see that they are not too bad of price
usually, as most people don't fool with that stuff. Instead they pay $1000
to some Corvette vendor to sell them a rebuilt one.

eBay isn't a store where everything is available all the time. You have to
go in and look and look and go back some more. One day, they will show up.
If you are in a hurry, check your Chevy dealer or your local AC-Delco
vendor. Try Paragon, Dr. Rebuild, and so on.

Old October 11th 05, 11:57 PM
gorrilla

"Tom in Missouri" > wrote in message
hlink.net...
> That is what I said, "There is a kit for a '63-'64 on eBay now."
>
> 1963 and 1964 used a different carrier than 1965-up used. And so I said
> to search for one to fit a '77.
>
> The '63-'64 auction was so you could see that they are not too bad of
> price usually, as most people don't fool with that stuff. Instead they pay
> $1000 to some Corvette vendor to sell them a rebuilt one.
>
> eBay isn't a store where everything is available all the time. You have to
> go in and look and look and go back some more. One day, they will show
> up. If you are in a hurry, check your Chevy dealer or your local AC-Delco
> vendor. Try Paragon, Dr. Rebuild, and so on.
>

> "gorrilla" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Tom in Missouri" > wrote in message
>> ink.net...
>>> There is a kit for a '63-'64 on eBay now.
>>>
>>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...075 253QQrdZ1
>>>
>>> You should try searching for one to fit a '77.
>>>

>>> "gorrilla" > wrote in message

>> Thanks for trying, but these are the wrong style for a '77
>>
>> Thanks

Sorry about that Tom I missed the "You should try searching for one to fit a
'77." I got in a time crunch and had to go to the dealer for 140 bucks for
the kit. Oh well, as they say, time is money.

Thanks