Anybody ever have their tach and speedo stop working?

Old June 30th 05, 10:51 PM
Nobody

Default Anybody ever have their tach and speedo stop working?

I got into my '05 Civic EX today started it up, got out to load some stuff
(let it warm up a little, too), got back in, and drove off to work. About
a mile down the road was the first time I actually glanced down at the
instrument cluster. WTF! Tach and Speedo at 0. I was going 30mph
(roughly).

Never seen that before. So, I turned the key off and then back on (yes,
while I was driving and no I didn't engage the starter). Gauges came back
on.

That was real wierd...never seen that in any of my Hondas...any idea why it
happened? I don't know if it was that way from the time I started it up
since I didn't look at the instruments.

Any idea what would cause this?
Old July 1st 05, 01:56 AM
SoCalMike

Nobody wrote:
> Any idea what would cause this?

bad connection? if it happens again, id definately take it back.
Old July 4th 05, 06:57 PM
grumpyoldman

I have an Accord Type R and recently had the car serviced and cambelt
changed the next day I was driving on the Motorway and the ABS light came
on and the tach and speedo flicked back to o it came back then did it
several times. I went to a Honda dealership and it appears that the Main
Loom to the Alternator Green Plug was not routed correctly and had come
loose. Hope this of some help.

Old July 6th 05, 12:26 AM

This is off the subject but I was wondering if you have the special
edition 6 disk cd player in your car..I am trying to find it for my '01
but I can't find it anywhere on the internet..Thanks

Old July 29th 05, 09:32 PM
Nobody

"grumpyoldman" > wrote in
lkaboutautos.com:

> I have an Accord Type R and recently had the car serviced and cambelt
> changed the next day I was driving on the Motorway and the ABS light came
> on and the tach and speedo flicked back to o it came back then did it
> several times. I went to a Honda dealership and it appears that the Main
> Loom to the Alternator Green Plug was not routed correctly and had come
> loose. Hope this of some help.

Thanks for the response...it's only happened once so far, so I'll let it
go...