UltraForce GS-1 Tested by Indycar Drivers

Old January 13th 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]

Default UltraForce GS-1 Tested by Indycar Drivers

LarryT wrote:
> Doesn't it do the same thing as this? http://www.ivibe.com/default.htm

No! Not at all. The GS-1 G-seat is completely different! There is no
comparison.

I have an ivibe TFS2 system. It's a very neat piece of hardware. For
$275 it can't be beat. I'd suggest it to anyone because it does
increase the immersion level.

But...

It's not in the same category as the GS-1. The seat pads on the GS-1
don't just vibrate, They don't "vibrate" at all really. They literally
move in response to the calculated lateral, longitudinal, and vertical
accelerations in a simulation.

The GS-1 works off the same basic principle as a motion platform in
terms of subjecting the driver's body to real force, and gives a
comparable experience to a motion platform. But, where the motion
platform relies on the force of gravity to create the "seat of the
pants" feel for the driver, the GS-1 creates those sensations directly
by moving the pads in the proper direction. So you really feel your
body weight transfer in a corner. You feel the sensation that your
body gets lighter in the seat as you go over the crest of a hill. You
feel the force in your back when you step on the throttle.

Some big names in Sim-Racing have already tried this seat, and are
extremely impressed! More news on that to come. In addition to that,
two professional Indycar drivers, including an Indy 500 Winner, have
been impressed with the realism of the experience.

You might have to try it yourself to become a believer, but I gaurantee
that once you try it you will believe!

Pat Dotson
UltraForce Simulators
Kokomo, Indiana
765-480-8907

Old January 14th 07, 05:23 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jwilson54

wrote:
> LarryT wrote:
>> Doesn't it do the same thing as this?
http://www.ivibe.com/default.htm

> No! Not at all. The GS-1 G-seat is completely different! There is no
> comparison.
>
> I have an ivibe TFS2 system. It's a very neat piece of hardware. For
> $275 it can't be beat. I'd suggest it to anyone because it does
> increase the immersion level.
>
> But...
>
> It's not in the same category as the GS-1. The seat pads on the GS-1
> don't just vibrate, They don't "vibrate" at all really. They literally
> move in response to the calculated lateral, longitudinal, and vertical
> accelerations in a simulation.
>
> The GS-1 works off the same basic principle as a motion platform in
> terms of subjecting the driver's body to real force, and gives a
> comparable experience to a motion platform. But, where the motion
> platform relies on the force of gravity to create the "seat of the
> pants" feel for the driver, the GS-1 creates those sensations directly
> by moving the pads in the proper direction. So you really feel your
> body weight transfer in a corner. You feel the sensation that your
> body gets lighter in the seat as you go over the crest of a hill. You
> feel the force in your back when you step on the throttle.
>
> Some big names in Sim-Racing have already tried this seat, and are
> extremely impressed! More news on that to come. In addition to that,
> two professional Indycar drivers, including an Indy 500 Winner, have
> been impressed with the realism of the experience.
>
> You might have to try it yourself to become a believer, but I gaurantee
> that once you try it you will believe!
>
> Pat Dotson
> UltraForce Simulators
> Kokomo, Indiana
> 765-480-8907

You know it may be all it's cracked up to be.However,at $3600 you are
not going to sell to the average or even hardcore simmer.Now if your
market is "real" drivers to help with practice sessions etc.,then you
might sell a few.But as I'm sure you have noticed,at that price in this
forum all you get to do is defend your product.
Old January 14th 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
LarryT

> Some big names in Sim-Racing have already tried this seat, and are
> extremely impressed! More news on that to come. In addition to that,
> two professional Indycar drivers, including an Indy 500 Winner, have
> been impressed with the realism of the experience.
>
> You might have to try it yourself to become a believer, but I gaurantee
> that once you try it you will believe!
>
> Pat Dotson
> UltraForce Simulators
> Kokomo, Indiana
> 765-480-8907

Where would we try this out? When will the actual product be ready for
delivery?
Old January 16th 07, 02:11 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]

jwilson54 wrote:

> You know it may be all it's cracked up to be.However,at $3600 you are
> not going to sell to the average or even hardcore simmer.Now if your
> market is "real" drivers to help with practice sessions etc.,then you
> might sell a few.But as I'm sure you have noticed,at that price in this
> forum all you get to do is defend your product.

JW, assuming it is all it's cracked up to be, at what price point do
you start to get interested? I mean, does it have to be $300? Because
something like the GS-1 will never cost that much. The parts list
alone costs several times more than that.

Pat Dotson
UltraForce Simulators
http://www.ultraforcesim.com

Old January 16th 07, 02:25 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jwilson54

wrote:
> jwilson54 wrote:
>> You know it may be all it's cracked up to be.However,at $3600 you are
>> not going to sell to the average or even hardcore simmer.Now if your
>> market is "real" drivers to help with practice sessions etc.,then you
>> might sell a few.But as I'm sure you have noticed,at that price in this
>> forum all you get to do is defend your product.

> JW, assuming it is all it's cracked up to be, at what price point do
> you start to get interested? I mean, does it have to be $300? Because
> something like the GS-1 will never cost that much. The parts list
> alone costs several times more than that.
>
> Pat Dotson
> UltraForce Simulators

http://www.ultraforcesim.com

Again,as an average simmer,yes, it would have to be well under $1000.I
am not saying your product is bad,only your market target if it's the
average to hardcore simmer.If your market target is professional drivers
and teams,then you are well below the Force dynamics product which I
would consider the top of the line.But with a product that does a
similar function for $250,which do you think the average simmer with a
family and bills,and other entertainment costs is going to be able to
justify?
Old January 16th 07, 06:49 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

How about this?

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Nads_Shock_Force_Feedback

-Larry