Tire Question ?

Old April 8th 14, 03:26 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bob[_53_]

Default Tire Question ?

Hello,

Have gotten such good advice here in the past, thought I'd also ask you
experts this one regading tires. I'm certainly not.

Have to replace my tires on my 2009 Buick LaCrosse.
Live outside of Boston; Lots of snowy days in the winter; wet and slush
many others.

Want an "All Season"

Was going to get the Michelin Primacy MXV4, but after looking at the
charts in
Tire Rack, it seems that the Continental Pure Contact with Eco-Plus
Technology is rated higher in every category.

Imagine the cost is about the same.

Any opinions or thoughts on ?

Thanks,
Bob

---

Old April 8th 14, 03:35 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bob Villa

On Tuesday, April 8, 2014 9:26:14 AM UTC-5, Bob wrote:
> Hello,

> Have to replace my tires on my 2009 Buick LaCrosse.
>
> Live outside of Boston; Lots of snowy days in the winter; wet and slush
>
> many others.
>

> Want an "All Season"
>

> Was going to get the Michelin Primacy MXV4, but after looking at the
>
> charts in
>
> Tire Rack, it seems that the Continental Pure Contact with Eco-Plus
>
> Technology is rated higher in every category.
>

> Imagine the cost is about the same.
>

> Any opinions or thoughts on ?

All I can tell you is I had original Continentals on my Buick...and they were very good IMO!
Old April 9th 14, 12:04 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
MLD

"Bob" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Have gotten such good advice here in the past, thought I'd also ask you
> experts this one regading tires. I'm certainly not.
>
> Have to replace my tires on my 2009 Buick LaCrosse.
> Live outside of Boston; Lots of snowy days in the winter; wet and slush
> many others.
>
> Want an "All Season"
>
> Was going to get the Michelin Primacy MXV4, but after looking at the
> charts in
> Tire Rack, it seems that the Continental Pure Contact with Eco-Plus
> Technology is rated higher in every category.
>
> Imagine the cost is about the same.
>
> Any opinions or thoughts on ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob
>
> ---
> protection is active.

I got the Michelin Primacy MXV4 for my Avalon (Original equipment). All
season, not a problem with them Got a deal--buy 3 get 4th free along with
an alignment and a $70 Michelin gift card. Live North of Boston.
MLD

Old April 9th 14, 05:54 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
gregz

Bob > wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Have gotten such good advice here in the past, thought I'd also ask you
> experts this one regading tires. I'm certainly not.
>
> Have to replace my tires on my 2009 Buick LaCrosse.
> Live outside of Boston; Lots of snowy days in the winter; wet and slush many others.
>
> Want an "All Season"
>
> Was going to get the Michelin Primacy MXV4, but after looking at the charts in
> Tire Rack, it seems that the Continental Pure Contact with Eco-Plus
> Technology is rated higher in every category.
>
> Imagine the cost is about the same.
>
> Any opinions or thoughts on ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

I'm a fan of Cooper weathermasters.

Greg
Old April 10th 14, 08:47 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Tue, 08 Apr 2014 10:26:14 -0400, Bob > wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Have gotten such good advice here in the past, thought I'd also ask you
>experts this one regading tires. I'm certainly not.
>
>Have to replace my tires on my 2009 Buick LaCrosse.
>Live outside of Boston; Lots of snowy days in the winter; wet and slush
>many others.
>
>Want an "All Season"
>
>Was going to get the Michelin Primacy MXV4, but after looking at the
>charts in
>Tire Rack, it seems that the Continental Pure Contact with Eco-Plus
>Technology is rated higher in every category.
>
>Imagine the cost is about the same.
>
>Any opinions or thoughts on ?
>
>Thanks,
>Bob
>
>---
>This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

last time I researched tires that would be good in the snow and be in
the range of normal quality tire costs I settled on Coopers. Don't
recall which model but it was a specific model. Besides tirerack
there are some good reviews on the other major tire suppliers web
sites, like Discount. I also found that Pep Boys was selling the same
cooper tire under a different name for less and took that ad to
Discount tire and got them to lower their price.
Old April 12th 14, 06:52 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
I hate front wheel drive, most torque must go to the rear

On 4/8/14, 17:26, Bob wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Have gotten such good advice here in the past, thought I'd also ask you
> experts this one regading tires. I'm certainly not.
>
> Have to replace my tires on my 2009 Buick LaCrosse.
> Live outside of Boston; Lots of snowy days in the winter; wet and slush
> many others.
>
> Want an "All Season"
>
> Was going to get the Michelin Primacy MXV4, but after looking at the
> charts in
> Tire Rack, it seems that the Continental Pure Contact with Eco-Plus
> Technology is rated higher in every category.
>
> Imagine the cost is about the same.
>
> Any opinions or thoughts on ?

I live in boston like climate an run Michelin Xi-2s october through april.
My brother loved mxv4s (had at least 2 sets) but his car hardly ever
sees snow.
Conti Pro Contacts (an all season) provided LOTS of adrenaline
when I changed from winters to "all seasons" prematurely
a season or two back.
"All season" tire is the tire that sucks year round
(except maybe in brief mid season months)