NR2003 & Lucky Dog question

Old April 6th 06, 09:37 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default NR2003 & Lucky Dog question

On 5 Apr 2006 16:52:28 -0700, "Darus" > wrote:

>Our league uses the LD rule. We implement it by having the LD enter
>pitroad at a speed above the pit road limit and then either stop for
>repairs, or wait for the "GO" sign at pit exit. this gives the drivers
>an "End of Longest line" penalty. Upon going green, an admin will give
>the LD a lap back. Works pretty well.
>
>Last night we had a sitaution we haven't seen before. One car was 2
>laps down. He was the only car off the lead lap. A caution came out and
>he proceeded as outlined above. However, when we lined up for the
>restart, he said that he was a lap down and should line up inside the
>leader. We told him to go to the back and EOLL.
>
>Anyone in a league care to offer their thoughts?

Did anyone not watch the Bristol race? If you would've watched the
beginning....this thread would never have started. He starts at the
inside of the leader...it played out the same scenario at the
beginning of the Bristol race....did it not?
Old April 7th 06, 04:54 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 06:21:11 -0700, "Bob V" >
wrote:

>Clarification: Interview took place in 2003. I don't know if Darby still
>has that position.

This is still correct. The LD *always* goes to the end of the longest
line, regardless of how many laps down he was when he got it. The
only way he would line up on the inside is if the inside happened to
be the longest line (there are more cars 1+ laps down then on the lead
lap).

As to another question posted here, if there are no cars one lap down,
then the car closest to the leader two laps down gets it, etc on back
until someone eligible gets it.

Old April 8th 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Russell you're actually wrong. The mentioned it during the same race that
the LD started at the end of the longest line. As far as I remember Johnson
never received a LD that day. Bob V's post earlier with the interview with
John Darby is correct.

Old April 8th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Johnson got the LD on the first caution of the Bristol race, according
to Jayski. He was, of course, multiple laps down at the down.

Old April 10th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

any lucky dawg pretty much has to get EOLL penalty, and be end of longest
line, PERIOD. if he is the only car a lap down or more this really is NOT a
problem because he is NOT forced to linup on the inside, the game doesnt
care, even though it urges you to do so...

Darus enlightened us with:

Old April 10th 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Yes dave, end of longest line usually unlapped cars. that is the
reward/penalty for getting the lucky dawg

Dave Henrie enlightened us with:

Old April 10th 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

you are correct
Raybee1970 enlightened us with:

Old April 17th 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Last thought on the LD.

Now I cannot prove that this is a problem because our league uses the rule
you have to start at the end of the longest line, but why we do this mainly
is because in the earlier versions of NR, when you gave a person his lap
back, if someone was right behind them, sometimes this would cause PROBLEMS
with scoring for any cars behind that LD car. One time it caused a car in
last place to be technically about to lap the field which, screws up pits
and everything else... Meanwhile, the Admins had to throw caution to clean
up the mess, it just aint worth the risk..

It also saves confusion because we dont have spotters (real ones anyway) and
we use F2 screens and the like, we accept that the 'slight penalty' for
getting the LD (a lap back) is having to be behind EVERYONE else at the time
the green flag drops.

If you arent in place when the flag goes green you dont get the LD. it is
kinda like the pit road cone/commitment line, when your leagues says you pit
in commit before turn 3, even though you can actually come out of 4 and get
it pitted, you get a BF, or lose points upon review.

Darus enlightened us with: