Jeep VS others

Old November 17th 04, 09:45 PM
Elliot Westcott

Default Jeep VS others

I'm on a quest to find other like minded people who race their Jeeps.

I have a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9l with some mods, (intake, PCM,
headers) but no major power adders like NOS or a supercharger.

The Jeep with the 360 and awd makes for a great vehicle in an 1/8 mile
race.

After quite a bit of Drag strip experience here are some interesting
results

Jeep VS Chevy Silverado SS Jeep Wins
Jeep VS Dodge RAM 1500 Hemi Jeep Wins
Jeep VS Ford F150 Harley Davidson Jeep Wins
Jeep VS Ford Mustang GT 4.6 Jeep Wins (if mustang is mostly stock)
Jeep VS Chevy Camaro LS1 LS1 always wins (unless it is a bad
driver)
Jeep VS Nissan 350z Jeep Wins
Jeep VS Corvette Corvette wins
Jeep VS BMW Z3 2.8 Jeep Wins
Jeep VS WRX WRX Wins
Jeep VS Acura RSX Jeep Wins
Jeep VS Toyota Celica Jeep Wins
Jeep VS Ford Lightning Lightning Wins
Jeep VS Pontiac GTP Jeep Wins

So that is just a quick list of actual Jeep VS results from my
experience at the track. I have some Jeep VS experiences on the
street but street racings aren't as quantifiable as Jeep VS races on a
drag strip.

I run a 9.2 in the 1/8 with a 60ft time around 2.01. 0-60 is under 6
seconds. Does anyone else have any good Jeep VS experiences or know
of a good place to discuss Jeep VS experiences?
Old November 17th 04, 10:12 PM
griffin

The driver of that 350z sucks ass. Kinda surprised you couldn't beat a stock
WRX but took the Celica. I've seen quite a few Celica/WRX races and never
seen the WRX win (unless it's the STi)? Altho one of the fastest cars in my
city is a souped up '01 Imprezza ...insanely fast.

Still ...those are some impressive wins. How do you fare in the 1/4 mile
tho?

--
griffin
'85 Jeep CJ-7

m...

Old November 17th 04, 10:12 PM
griffin

Old November 17th 04, 10:29 PM
Matt Macchiarolo

I'd take all of the listed vehicles against my 4.0l Wrangler. I guarantee I
would win the 1/8 mile everytime.

I get to choose where that 1/8 mile is, though....

Old November 17th 04, 10:29 PM
Matt Macchiarolo

Old November 17th 04, 10:47 PM
Jeff Strickland

In all of my Jeep races, simply getting to the other end of the track was
the goal. By that measure, there isn't a LS1 out there that can beat me. I
would gladly put my pink slip up against the fool with the LS, but I m not
sure I would want his LS at the end. I suppose I could set the course where
he gets toasted right off the line, then his LS would be salvagable later.

Old November 17th 04, 10:47 PM
Jeff Strickland

Old November 17th 04, 11:51 PM
griffin

The funniest incident I've ever had racing was when I went up against a 318
Duster. I was given a 6-8 second headstart on a 1 mile strip in my '88 YJ
before he even hit the gas pedal. Needless to say I got a good view of his
taillights by the end of the race. Man are those things quick.

--
griffin
'85 Jeep CJ-7

Old November 17th 04, 11:51 PM
griffin

Old November 18th 04, 04:29 AM
Ed Roper

I raced a big assed puddle one time in my 4cyl TJ.....

the puddle won....