DO NOT UNINSTALL GTP MOD!!!!! HUGE DEVASTATING BUG!

Old January 20th 05, 09:29 PM
buster

Default DO NOT UNINSTALL GTP MOD!!!!! HUGE DEVASTATING BUG!

UNINSTALLING THE GTP MOD WIPES OUT THE ENTIRE ROOT DRIVE OF WHERE IT WAS
INSTALLED!!!!!
Old January 20th 05, 10:56 PM
Malc

"buster" > wrote in message
> UNINSTALLING THE GTP MOD WIPES OUT THE ENTIRE ROOT DRIVE OF WHERE IT WAS
> INSTALLED!!!!!

Pity you didn't install it on your C:\ drive buster. Any chance you could
sort of not post here at all? I'd really appreciate it.

Malc.

Old January 21st 05, 03:19 AM
Larry

I guess the guy was right.

From the website:

"We are very sorry to announce we had, as many found, a major bug with the
install of the MOD and have to solve the issues. An update is in the works
and soon hopefully a return."

I believe a few apologies to this gent are in order...

-Larry

Old January 21st 05, 04:18 AM
buster

Thanks.

Old January 21st 05, 04:37 AM
JP

Hehe, was wondering when this would be noticed. Had to have a few spout
off before checking the facts though. Seems to happen on a regular basis
here, hehe.

Old January 21st 05, 05:11 AM
Alan Le

> "We are very sorry to announce we had, as many found, a major bug with the
> install of the MOD and have to solve the issues. An update is in the works
> and soon hopefully a return."

Me thinks the "bug" is more likely to be the actual installation routine.
Besides some users' inability to even complete the installation, there's
also the problem of it hosing the NR2003 installation if you try to install
GTP on top of it. If the bug were as large as wiping out an entire drive, I
would think (hope) they'd issue a big fat warning. Heck, I can't even find
a shortcut to uninstall though there are a few executables in the GTP
directory that look like they're it.

Anyway, buster's contributions to RAS have been limited to random bits of
flaming, so I'd take anything he says with a grain of salt.

Alan

Old January 21st 05, 01:49 PM
Malc

"Larry" > wrote in message
> I guess the guy was right.

> I believe a few apologies to this gent are in order...

This reminds me of a story about a boy who cried "Wolf".

Sorry buster.

Malc.

Old January 21st 05, 01:59 PM
Clancy

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:19:21 -0500, "Larry" > wrote:

>I guess the guy was right.
>
>From the website:
>
>"We are very sorry to announce we had, as many found, a major bug with the
>install of the MOD and have to solve the issues. An update is in the works
>and soon hopefully a return."
>
>I believe a few apologies to this gent are in order...

WRONG. How can there be an uninstall bug when there is no actual
uninstall routine/program in the mod? To uninstall the mod, all you do
is delete the Redline GTP folder.

Please check your facts, people, before feeding the trolls. I'm sure
we'll know more about the "major bug" in a few days time, but I'm 100%
certain it's got nothing to do with uninstalling the mod.
Old January 21st 05, 03:03 PM
Larry

I just think some of the responses were a bit ubrupt and not really
necessary. I prefer civility.

-Larry