Ethanol E85 Fuel

Old April 21st 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default Ethanol E85 Fuel

Hi,

I have a 2005 Saturn ION-3. Does anyone know if it will run on the new
Ethanol E85 fuel that is starting to become available in more states? I
checked the Saturn website but could not find anything.

JD

Old April 22nd 06, 12:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

In news:Gq82g.8381$Qz.3845@fed1read11 "Joe Delphi"
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a 2005 Saturn ION-3. Does anyone know if it will run on
> the new Ethanol E85 fuel that is starting to become available in more
> states? I checked the Saturn website but could not find anything.

If a vehicle can run on E-85, you can be sure there will be stickers all
over the thing letting you know how wonderful it is.

If they didn't tell you it can, it certainly can't.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old April 22nd 06, 02:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

"Bert Hyman" > wrote in message

> If a vehicle can run on E-85, you can be sure there will be stickers all
> over the thing letting you know how wonderful it is.
>
> If they didn't tell you it can, it certainly can't.

Yeah, after my original post I found a GM website that listed all of their
products that could use E-85. They were all 2006 and 2007 vehicles,
nothing earlier than that.

JD

Old April 23rd 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Don't use it. Its not recommended for an ION to get more than 10%
Ethanol.

Old April 23rd 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On 23 Apr 2006 07:52:36 -0700, "seawater" >
wrote:

>Don't use it. Its not recommended for an ION to get more than 10%
>Ethanol.

I agree but you are safe up to 15% or E15.
-----------------
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com
Old April 24th 06, 05:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

http://www.e85fuel.com/e85101/flexfuelvehicles.php

--
Steve Barker

"Joe Delphi" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a 2005 Saturn ION-3. Does anyone know if it will run on the
> new
> Ethanol E85 fuel that is starting to become available in more states? I
> checked the Saturn website but could not find anything.
>
> JD

Understanding emission numbers and how they work Steve H Honda 11 November 3rd 05 05:19 AM
Why you should never buy a car without a tachometer Ted B. Driving 112 September 19th 05 04:09 AM
Failed Smog Check 1981 Trans AM TheSmogTech Technology 0 January 30th 05 04:16 PM
90 spirit won't run Faulguys Chrysler 80 December 9th 04 11:41 PM
In-the-tank fuel pumps cause death and destruction Silver Surfer Chrysler 293 November 7th 04 03:41 PM