GPL/GPLAIM/LWFF woes...

Old January 4th 05, 10:06 PM
Rick Catton

Default GPL/GPLAIM/LWFF woes...

Which may be connected...?

1) Logitech profiler doesn't appear to be working - I've applied a
persistent profile including button 5 for shift+t to reset the tach but it's
not being picked up.

2) Game controller utility under XP will happily report a combined axis for
pedals correctly, but not separate. When switching mode to separate axis for
brake & throttle the two needles on the properties screen report full
depression and won't budge. Have tried using the Logitech ClrCalib utility
and searched their knowledge base to no avail.

3) When launching GEM+ 2.2.1 it has suddenly started trying to install
GPLAIM and searching (unsuccessfully) for 'gplaim.msi'. Not sure what's
going on here at all.

I'm presuming all of this is related to a recent upgrade of m/b, cpu and
video card. General specs are as follows:

P4 3GHz
512mb RAM
Excalibur 9800Pro
Audigy2
Win XP (Home)

If anyone's got any suggestions at all I'd be very grateful.

Thanks for reading this far!
Regards,
Rick.

Old January 4th 05, 10:31 PM
Scott Rixon

> I'm presuming all of this is related to a recent upgrade of m/b, cpu and
> video card. General specs are as follows:

<snip>
Did you not reload the PC after the upgrade? If yes then ignore me... If
no I would be backing up and cracking open that Windows CD..

Scott
www.green-flag.com
Old January 4th 05, 11:09 PM
Rick Catton

> Did you not reload the PC after the upgrade? If yes then ignore me... If
> no I would be backing up and cracking open that Windows CD..
>
> Scott
> www.green-flag.com

Sorry, Scott - I should have said. Yes, after the upgrade XP realised that
it needed to do a reinstall (sure that's not the proper term, but it was
some kind of rebuild requiring the original disk.)

Thanks anyway,
Rick.

Old January 5th 05, 12:15 AM
Russell

Rick Catton wrote:
> Which may be connected...?
>
> 1) Logitech profiler doesn't appear to be working - I've applied a
> persistent profile including button 5 for shift+t to reset the tach but it's
> not being picked up.

<CUT>

I am using JoyToKey
http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA016...y/english.html
since my Wingman Profiler hasn't been 100% functional for a long time.
JoyToKey does some things that the Profiler doesn't do, but it wont let
you set up a a string of keys that occur each time you press a button.
All in all, it works for me.

Russell
Old January 5th 05, 12:29 AM
Rick Catton

> I am using JoyToKey
> http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA016...y/english.html
> since my Wingman Profiler hasn't been 100% functional for a long time.
> JoyToKey does some things that the Profiler doesn't do, but it wont let
> you set up a a string of keys that occur each time you press a button. All
> in all, it works for me.

Thanks for the info & link - I'll look into it. I'm also downloading (as I
type) the latest Wingman software in the hope that a reinstall on this front
will at least cure the oddities in the pedals and profiler.

Cheers,
Rick.

Old January 5th 05, 07:59 PM
Rick Catton

OK - a reinstall of the latest Wingman software has cured problems 1 & 2 -
anyone ever had this problem with Gem trying to install GPLaim?

Thanks in advance (hopefully!)
Rick.