SHIFTING PROBLEM

Old April 25th 05, 10:41 PM
JEFFREY PRIVOTT

Default SHIFTING PROBLEM

Need some advice. I have a 94 gt with about 150,000 miles on it . I went out
yesterday to pick up some coffee from burger king. When I went to leave, I
couldn't shift my car into 1st gear. I must have sat at the drive through
window for 5 minutes trying to get it into gear. Any and all advise is
greatly appreciated.

Ninja

Old April 25th 05, 10:51 PM
IsellJeeps

sinchronizers?

Old April 25th 05, 11:07 PM
trainfan1

JEFFREY PRIVOTT wrote:
> Need some advice. I have a 94 gt with about 150,000 miles on it . I went out
> yesterday to pick up some coffee from burger king. When I went to leave, I
> couldn't shift my car into 1st gear. I must have sat at the drive through
> window for 5 minutes trying to get it into gear. Any and all advise is
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Ninja

Your clutch is toast.

If it happens again, turn off the engine, shift to 1st, start engine &
limp to the shop.

Rob
Old April 25th 05, 11:12 PM
Brent P

In article <hudbe.3019$Yc.254@trnddc06>, JEFFREY PRIVOTT wrote:
> Need some advice. I have a 94 gt with about 150,000 miles on it . I went out
> yesterday to pick up some coffee from burger king. When I went to leave, I
> couldn't shift my car into 1st gear. I must have sat at the drive through
> window for 5 minutes trying to get it into gear. Any and all advise is
> greatly appreciated.

What did you try to get into gear?

Old April 25th 05, 11:41 PM

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:07:35 -0400, trainfan1
> wrote:

>JEFFREY PRIVOTT wrote:
>> Need some advice. I have a 94 gt with about 150,000 miles on it . I went out
>> yesterday to pick up some coffee from burger king. When I went to leave, I
>> couldn't shift my car into 1st gear. I must have sat at the drive through
>> window for 5 minutes trying to get it into gear. Any and all advise is
>> greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Ninja
>>

>Your clutch is toast.
>
>If it happens again, turn off the engine, shift to 1st, start engine &
>limp to the shop.
>
>Rob

yup
try shifting 1-r
if it dont
get rid of clutch

i smell gravey

hurc ast

Old April 26th 05, 12:07 AM
JEFFREY PRIVOTT

thanks for all of the advise gents

Ninja

Old April 26th 05, 01:52 AM

Possibly the clutch cable is worn & stretched. Do you have any aftermarket
clutch parts? Adjustable clutch cable w/ quadrant? Could need adjusting. If
you don't... then yes.. your clutch is likely toast.

-Mike

--
Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!
http://www.MeltAwayCellulite.com/

Old April 27th 05, 01:08 AM
JEFFREY PRIVOTT

Thanks again. I just replaced ( had someone to do it ) the clutch 2 1/2
years ago in Hawaii. I think when the guy did the job, he did not do the
throw out bearing. There were some kind of squick when the car was in
neutral idling. That is what I was told it was.

Ninja
. ..

Old April 27th 05, 01:37 AM

Ah... with the clutch not pressed & the car in neutral.. if you hear that
constant squeak/squeal... likely throw-out bearing.

-Mike

Old April 27th 05, 11:57 AM
JEFFREY PRIVOTT

thanks for the info