AirCon in off positions

Old July 17th 06, 10:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Bigusdickus

Default AirCon in off positions

I am a UK, owner from accross the pond I have a 1998 Explorer my air
con drive on the pump continualy engages and disengaes at random short
periods ( thermostic Control?) in the off position it does not.Even if
you have the heat on this happens. Is this set up to supply a constant
temprature air intake or is there a fault?

Old July 17th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Captain Coleman

What is the deal with people thinking something is wrong because of their
Explorers' compressor is running? I remember a long thread a few weeks back
about someone who wanted to disable the compressor because he just "felt
like it didn't need to be running." The only thing I can figure is that
people are such big control freaks, they can't handle the idea that whoever
designed their vehicles had a legitimate reason for making things work a
certain way.

Old July 19th 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim Warman

It dehumidifies the air (junior school science.... I dropped out in grade 8)
to help reduce fogging on the windscreen and other glass....

myusdickus is merely adequate for the task at hand..... must leave some
blood for thought process....

Old July 19th 06, 06:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
jrchilds

Jim Warman wrote:
> It dehumidifies the air (junior school science.... I dropped out in grade 8)
> to help reduce fogging on the windscreen and other glass....
>
> myusdickus is merely adequate for the task at hand..... must leave some
> blood for thought process....

It also keeps the seals lubricated from what I've heard to help avoid
expensive repairs.

--
JackC
Giving up the right to arms is a mistake a free people get to make only

Weak aircon LaTerciaReal BMW 10 May 30th 06 04:17 PM
147 aircon Tony Rickard Alfa Romeo 6 May 5th 06 01:48 PM
Putting aircon into an 325TDS E36? Dodgy BMW 1 August 18th 05 09:39 PM
aircon working OK? Danny Jeep 7 March 16th 05 05:12 PM
UK 320: Aircon blows cold all the time Robin Smith BMW 2 March 15th 05 04:16 AM