2002 Explorer lug nut stud & caliper bolt antisieze ?

Old June 18th 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default 2002 Explorer lug nut stud & caliper bolt antisieze ?

I need an opinion. Should antisieze be used on lug nut studs and the
brake caliper bolts? I was doing some work on the ebrake yesterday and
had to dissassemble what the dealer had assembled 4 months ago during a
wheel bearing replacement. They had antisieze on the the earlier
mentioned items and the hub-to-rotor surfaces. I live im Minnesota and
can see why they did it ( the rust on the chassis of this thing makes
me sick) but I thought for safety concerns you did lug nuts dry and
might even put loctite on the caliper bolts. Antisieze seems a little
greasy.

Opinions are appreciated.

Old June 19th 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Anti-sieze between rotor and hub (without it, there is the chance of
unwanted noise).... caliper bolts and wheel nuts should be clean and dry....
I don't work on Explorers any more but.... if there is a caliper support
bracket, blue loc-tite is an option on these bolts...

ps.com...