97 Ford Explorer alarm problem

Old March 23rd 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default 97 Ford Explorer alarm problem

Due to an incident with snow chains, my electrical is messed up. Windows
won't work, door locks won't work and alarm won't work. How can I manually
disable alarm so I can move the car someplace to fix the wiring problem? I
can't start the car because of course I can't turn the alarm off with the
door code because nothing is working?

Hope somebody can help me?

Thanks,
Old March 23rd 06, 03:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

might seem like a stupid suggestion, but have you tried to unlock the doors
with the key?? an original key that came with your truck.

Snow...

Old March 23rd 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Gave it a shot, no go! What happened was I was coming home from work and the
chain on the drivers side came undone and got caught in the wheel well. Then,
my windows, doors etc wouldn't work. Before this, you had to use the key fob
or numbers on the door to turn the alarm off before the car would start. So,
I can't move the car to get it fixed if I can't get the alarm disabled so I
can start the car. Everything else works when I turn the key on, lights,
dashboard, radio, heater etc.

Lisa

Old March 23rd 06, 06:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

"lisasnoe" <u20022@uwe> wrote in message news:5db0ba7a01bec@uwe...
> Gave it a shot, no go! What happened was I was coming home from work and
> the
> chain on the drivers side came undone and got caught in the wheel well.
> Then,
> my windows, doors etc wouldn't work. Before this, you had to use the key
> fob
> or numbers on the door to turn the alarm off before the car would start.
> So,
> I can't move the car to get it fixed if I can't get the alarm disabled so
> can start the car. Everything else works when I turn the key on, lights,
> dashboard, radio, heater etc.
>
> Lisa
>
> Snow wrote:
>>might seem like a stupid suggestion, but have you tried to unlock the
>>doors
>>with the key?? an original key that came with your truck.
>>
>>Snow...
>>
>>> Due to an incident with snow chains, my electrical is messed up.
>>> Windows
>>> won't work, door locks won't work and alarm won't work. How can I

>>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
>>>
>>> Thanks

I don't know if it will work,But I know the power ant in on the same fuse as
the alarm.
Maybe you can just pull it out?
Other than that I have no idea

Old March 23rd 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

I don't have a power antenna. Any other suggestion?