How to **** Off an Arrogant Pedalcyclist

Old May 27th 05, 06:48 PM

Matthew Russotto wrote:
> In article .com>,
> > wrote:
> >

> >I cannot find any info on WA state that suggests that the State Patrol
> >is citation-revenue positive. They only get 32% of the ticket revenue,
> >while the locale in which the ticket is written gets 68%.

> That's an accounting trick.

That's a nice pulled-out-of-your-ass hand-wave to avoid proving your
assertion that the State Patrol is ticket-revenue-positive.

Prove it, or STFU.

E.P.

Old May 27th 05, 07:20 PM
Matt O'Toole

Wayne Pein wrote:

> Often, paved trails are pathetically constructed and far inferior to
> even the most minor road.

This is true, and it's why I generally ride the road instead of a parallel
trail.

Matt O.

Old May 27th 05, 07:44 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article . com>,
> wrote:
>

>Matthew Russotto wrote:
>> In article .com>,
>> > wrote:
>> >

>> >I cannot find any info on WA state that suggests that the State Patrol
>> >is citation-revenue positive. They only get 32% of the ticket revenue,
>> >while the locale in which the ticket is written gets 68%.

>> That's an accounting trick.

>That's a nice pulled-out-of-your-ass hand-wave to avoid proving your
>assertion that the State Patrol is ticket-revenue-positive.

What hand wave? You count all the costs of the state patrol towards
road costs, but only 32% of their ticket revenue towards road
revenues. That's an accounting trick.
result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old May 27th 05, 09:33 PM

Matthew Russotto wrote:
> In article . com>,
> > wrote:
> >

> >Matthew Russotto wrote:
> >> In article .com>,

> >> That's an accounting trick.

> >That's a nice pulled-out-of-your-ass hand-wave to avoid proving your
> >assertion that the State Patrol is ticket-revenue-positive.

> What hand wave? You count all the costs of the state patrol towards
> road costs, but only 32% of their ticket revenue towards road
> revenues. That's an accounting trick.

*I* don't do any such thing. I'm reporting the WA percentage, but am
*still* looking to find out if citation revenue would wholly fund the
SP no matter what allocation is used.

In this state, even if the 68% went to the SP, and every dollar
earmarked for public transit went instead to roads, my understanding is
that there *still* wouldn't be enough "user fee" to cover the costs.
Mostly because in the rural portions of the state, there are lots of
roads, but few people. They are a severe net drain. This also
includes the money returned from the feds.

Go ahead, prove your point. Is the SP ticket-revenue-positive or not?
(That's where the hand-wave is happening.)

E.P.

Old May 28th 05, 05:28 AM
Mike Latondresse

Jim Yanik .> wrote in
:

> Mike Latondresse > wrote in
> :
>
>> Jim Yanik .> wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> Because they use illegal tactics that are prohibited for autos
>>> or other motor vehicles.Like squeezing between car and curb.They
>>> often do not stop for stop signs or stop lights.They also often
>>> ride on the wrong side of the road. They often fail to use any
>>> turn or stop signals.
>>>

>> Yeah mean they are cheating! How aweful in fact shameful. In
>> Vancouver in Bike-to-work-week we have a race between a fit
>> cyclist and a car to a downtown point (don't know if the driver
>> is fit, in fact highly unlikely however it doesn't bias the
>> result). The cyclist has always won.
>>

> There was such a race here in Orlando by a couple of Sentinel
> newsstaffers,and the bicyclist won,but admitted to cheating.

CHEATING bummer, but they did get to work faster didn't they and
likely have a better life then the guy in his cage eating his Big
Breakfast.

> Of course,the courses are short,and probably chosen by the
> bicyclist.

Ours are long but it doesn't seem to make a difference, once you get
into the core you are toast.

Old June 1st 05, 03:04 PM
C. E. White

Brent P wrote:

> > You did not mention a particular city, so I looked at
> > Chicago. Chicago does not use the general property tax to
> > fund the Chicago Department of Transportation. This
> > department is entirely funded by vehicle taxes and fuel
> > taxes.

> Cite?
>
> Hell you didn't cite a damn thing. You probably pulled it all out of your
> ass.

The Chicago Budget is available on line. Look it up before
implying I "pulled it out of my ass." The link is session
related and too long to fit in a normal window. You can trry
this tinyurl version, but I won't gaurantee it works -
http://tinyurl.com/99jjx

How about backing up your claim that Property Taxes Revenues
are paying for roads. You constantly use this the basis for
your claim that bike riders are paying for roads.

Ed
Old June 1st 05, 04:04 PM

C. E. White wrote:

> Where do you live?