Arrogant Pedalcyclists in Action

Old April 13th 05, 04:27 PM
John Harlow

Default Arrogant Pedalcyclists in Action

> http://tinyurl.com/3svu3

What's the big deal? It's not any different than the people who do this kind
of thing with motorcycles or cars.

And how are rebates "scams"? They've worked well for me for many years.

Old April 13th 05, 04:47 PM
Paul

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 07:27:03 -0700, Scott en Aztl=E1n , said the following=
=20
in rec.autos.driving...=20

> (Repost due to ****ed-up newsgroups line)
>=20
> http://tinyurl.com/3svu3

Poetic justice would have been for one of those pedestrians that these=20
bicycle jerkoffs were endangering to place a well timed shove to the=20
pedaloser and send him careening to the pavement.=20

I'd like to see these gutless cocksuckers try that **** in Harlem or=20
Philly where people would be less likely to take that kind of **** and=20
more likely to shoot back instead of lameass manhattan or whatever=20
intellectual consumer cesspool they were doing it in...
Old April 13th 05, 06:13 PM
223rem

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> (Repost due to ****ed-up newsgroups line)
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3svu3

That looked fun. Good for them! What they do takes guts and physical
conditioning, something fat ass drivers are utterly lacking.

So Scott, it is ok for you to have fun driving your Corvette
way over the speed limit, but it is wrong for these cyclists
to have their share of harmless, innocent fun? Hypocrite.
Old April 13th 05, 07:51 PM
Brent P

In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 07:27:03 -0700, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:
>
>>(Repost due to ****ed-up newsgroups line)
>>
>>http://tinyurl.com/3svu3

> P.S. Not surprisingly, the readers over in rec.bicycles.misc see
> absolutely nothing wrong with what the pedalcyclists in the video are
> doing. That fact alone says more than a million words ever could.

I'm not going to download 51MB of video at home, and you could just cross
post this like normal. I don't have any desire to visit the bicycle
groups. I was essentially kicked out of the bicycle community of usenet
when I openly stated I favor an 85th percentile speed limit over their
idiotic 'human-speed' ideas of the turn of the century (the 19th to 20th).

Old April 13th 05, 08:28 PM
Brent P

In article >, Brent P wrote:
> In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:

>> P.S. Not surprisingly, the readers over in rec.bicycles.misc see
>> absolutely nothing wrong with what the pedalcyclists in the video are
>> doing. That fact alone says more than a million words ever could.

> I'm not going to download 51MB of video at home,

er should have read at work... but it seems that my cancel didnt work and
it did anyway. Doing that in chicago would get them killed. If not
accidently, on purpose. I've had drivers come after me for *following* the
IL vehicle code, when they thought I should be doing something else in
their own personal verison of the vehicle code.

Everything they did was wrong, except when they were in an empty lane
going the speed of traffic or faster. Their same lane passing was often very
poor, but not worse than that of many drivers.

That's the nicest I can be about it.

I am very surprised by the behaviors of drivers. I didn't see a single
active block, or drivers accelerating to prevent passing when possible.
Although there was one rather timely edit.... But like I said, they would
be dead by accident or on purpose in chicago.

Old April 13th 05, 09:57 PM
Jim Yanik

"John Harlow" > wrote in
:

>> http://tinyurl.com/3svu3

> What's the big deal? It's not any different than the people who do
> this kind of thing with motorcycles or cars.
>
> And how are rebates "scams"? They've worked well for me for many
> years.

Well,for starters,you get taxed on the full price of the item,then get your
rebate eventually(several months for the last one I did),if you made no
errors.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old April 14th 05, 02:06 AM
John Harlow

>> And how are rebates "scams"? They've worked well for me for many
>> years.
>>

> Well,for starters,you get taxed on the full price of the item,then
> get your rebate eventually(several months for the last one I did),if
> you made no errors.

They seem to be getting better about the rebate process. Nowadays they
print a very convenient form on the receipt at most places; it's kind of
silly though to have to still cut the UPC code off the product. The
turnaround seems to have gotten a lot faster too.

I'm sure they depend on the laziness of people not sending them in to make
their money.

The tax bit is pretty minor compared to the savings that can be had.
www.fatwallet.com has forums which are excellent to find deals. For
example, buy.com has Norton Internet Security for 51 cents after rebate.
It's closer to a dollar after stamps and an envelope. Still, hard to beat.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...7&loc=105&sp=1

Old April 14th 05, 04:25 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 17:13:22 GMT, 223rem > wrote:
>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/3svu3

>>That looked fun. Good for them! What they do takes guts and physical
>>conditioning, something fat ass drivers are utterly lacking.
>>
>>So Scott, it is ok for you to have fun driving your Corvette
>>way over the speed limit, but it is wrong for these cyclists
>>to have their share of harmless, innocent fun? Hypocrite.

> Sorry, you'll have to do MUCH better than that to bait me.
>
> I don't drive my Corvette through red lights, make groups of
> pedestrians scatter for their lives, make cross traffic slam on its
> brakes to avoid hitting me, or any of the other "fun" things you see
> those arrogant pieces of **** doing in that video.

Scott, laddie, where are your balls?

Old April 15th 05, 01:55 AM
DTJ

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 21:06:05 -0400, "John Harlow"
> wrote:

>The tax bit is pretty minor compared to the savings that can be had.
>www.fatwallet.com has forums which are excellent to find deals. For
>example, buy.com has Norton Internet Security for 51 cents after rebate.
>It's closer to a dollar after stamps and an envelope. Still, hard to beat.

That retailer is not very good. Check out various forums and you will
find people rate them far below most other Internet sites.