restoring floormats (removing ground in dirt and stains)

Old November 6th 06, 05:16 AM posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
[email protected][_1_]

Default restoring floormats (removing ground in dirt and stains)

My car has close to 200K miles, although I have kept my interior in
great condition.
Even new carpeted floormats however seem tough to keep clean.
I have used pure steam on them with no luck (Euro-Pro EP93 steamer),
and those aerosol cleaner cans with the built in brush don't cut it
either.
Surface dirt rubs off, but a black/grey film remains.
I see the pros using an orbital carpet polisher to clean mats, but I
cant find such
a tool online.
Please share your ideas on keeping floormats clean of dirt buildup and
stains
Thanks

Old November 13th 06, 04:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfonso2501[_5_]

When ever I have the interior shampooed, or just the mats washed, I
spray scotch-guard afterwards.

--
alfonso2501
alfonso2501's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...p?userid=88636

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old November 15th 06, 03:08 AM posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
speedy

Its not easy to remove all that dirt and oil, but it is possible. As a
carpet cleaner I do have the technology and products. YOUR best bet may
be to go to the laundromat and run them through a cycle or two in a
front load machine. You need detergent to break down the soils (thats
why the steam didnt do the trick) and them lots of rinse to remove the
released soil and detergent.

-SP
oHIo

Old November 15th 06, 08:55 AM posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Ted Mittelstaedt

"speedy" > wrote in message
> Its not easy to remove all that dirt and oil, but it is possible. As a
> carpet cleaner I do have the technology and products. YOUR best bet may
> be to go to the laundromat and run them through a cycle or two in a
> front load machine. You need detergent to break down the soils (thats
> why the steam didnt do the trick) and them lots of rinse to remove the
> released soil and detergent.

Once upon a time floor mats were made of sensible rubber.

The purpose of a floor mat is because people's feet are dirty, and
the mat will eventually get soiled, and all that rubbing of dirt into the
mat sandpapers it and wears it out. The idea is once the mat is
dirty and worn out, you remove it and throw it out and buy new ones.

Ted