4WD Low not disengaging

Old July 16th 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
[email protected]

Default 4WD Low not disengaging

I have a 1997 Ford Explorer. 6cyl automatic. I have only used the 4wd
one time and it was fine. My 4yr old turned the switch today to 4wd Low
and now it is stuck. I turned it to high, auto, backed up, etc etc etc
and it will not disengage. It makes a but cluck when I put it in Park.
I haven't checked the fluid level yet but did everything else I read
online and in the useless book. Would appreciate any help. Thanks

Old July 16th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim Warman

Somewhere around page 129 in the useless book, it will tell you how to get
into 4 low....... Amazingly, getting OUT of 4 low uses the same process
except for the last step where you would move the switch to either 4 hi or 4
auto.

Take note..... the vehicle must be in neutral if an automatic (park will NOT
do) or the clutch must be depressed if a manual...... vehicle speed must be
less than 3 mph...... and your foot must be on the brake hard enough to turn
on the brake lights.

ups.com...

Old July 16th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim Warman

I forgot to add... is there some overwhelming medical or psychological
condition that make you pose the same question under two names?

Old July 18th 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Tweaked

Do you have some overwhelming medical or psychological condition that makes
you ask a dumb question seeing that there are two different people with the
same problem? I got mine resolved and emailed her the solution and it
worked for her also.

Old July 18th 06, 05:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Ulysses

"Tweaked" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Do you have some overwhelming medical or psychological condition that

makes
> you ask a dumb question seeing that there are two different people with

the
> same problem? I got mine resolved and emailed her the solution and it
> worked for her also.

Hmmm... if it wasn't for all the dumb questions I ask here my Explorers
probably would have ended up in the junk yard years ago.