Plug broke-off in head, now what??

Old July 18th 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
semidemiurge

Default Plug broke-off in head, now what??

I took my truck into the dealer and they got am error code indicating
something wrong in #3 cylinder. The mechanic said the plug broke off
while he was trying to remove it. It broke mid thread on the plug so
that half of the lower metal part of the plug is still in the head. He
said he will have to remove the head to be able to get at the plug to
remove it. Initial estimate is $1700. Yikes!!
I don't know how to proceed.....any suggestions? thank

Old July 18th 07, 07:16 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
PeterD

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:14:38 -0000, semidemiurge
> wrote:

>I took my truck into the dealer and they got am error code indicating
>something wrong in #3 cylinder. The mechanic said the plug broke off
>while he was trying to remove it. It broke mid thread on the plug so
>that half of the lower metal part of the plug is still in the head. He
>said he will have to remove the head to be able to get at the plug to
>remove it. Initial estimate is $1700. Yikes!!
>I don't know how to proceed.....any suggestions? thank

You didn't like the first round of answers, so you posted the question
again?

In that case:

1. Take the dealer to court, and make them pay for it.
2. Fix it right, or
3. You don't need the #3 cylinder anyway, so just tape the plug wire
out of the way and ignore the noise.