Reciever Hitch

Old June 23rd 07, 06:24 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
whitecoyote

Default Reciever Hitch

I am looking for a reciever hitch that will work on my 98 chevy half
ton with a factory drop bumper. The bumper is probably 6 to 8 inches
lower than a standard bumper. Have had no luch with area auto parts
stores. A web site would be great.

Old June 23rd 07, 06:33 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

just take your dropped hitch and reverse it with the ball on top in the
receiver.
old john

Hello, whitecoyote!
You wrote on Sat, 23 Jun 2007 05:24:59 -0000:

w> I am looking for a reciever hitch that will work on my 98 chevy half
w> ton with a factory drop bumper. The bumper is probably 6 to 8 inches
w> lower than a standard bumper. Have had no luch with area auto parts
w> stores. A web site would be great.

With best regards, . E-mail:

Old June 23rd 07, 01:10 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
SnoMan

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 05:24:59 -0000, whitecoyote
> wrote:

>I am looking for a reciever hitch that will work on my 98 chevy half
>ton with a factory drop bumper. The bumper is probably 6 to 8 inches
>lower than a standard bumper. Have had no luch with area auto parts
>stores. A web site would be great.

The problem with this setup and why you do not see a after market
soluiton is that when you drop the reciever you increase the leverage
and force it applies to frame and mounting bolts when towing due to
increase offset and the net result is the the frame will yeild and
bend at a lower load level than it will with a stock setup. Same with
droped ball adaptors in reciever hitches as they also increase the
twisting loads placed on hitch and frame. ALso your 1/2 ton truck doe
not have the strongest frame to begin with either as begining in 88,
GM lightened the frame up considably in 1/2 model trucks. Before that,
1/2 and 3/4 ton models basically used the same frame.
-----------------
TheSnoMan.com
Old July 15th 07, 05:21 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Ron Hinds

"whitecoyote" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I am looking for a reciever hitch that will work on my 98 chevy half
> ton with a factory drop bumper. The bumper is probably 6 to 8 inches
> lower than a standard bumper. Have had no luch with area auto parts
> stores. A web site would be great.

http://www.drawtite.com

Great service from this place (it's in upstate New York). No relation to the
manufacturer Draw-Tite but if these guys don't have what you need it
probably doesn't exist.

Hitch for '89 YJ BSartist Jeep 6 July 27th 06 03:55 AM
GC Hitch Bruce Marcotte Jeep 14 November 17th 05 01:51 PM
Hitch? B a r r y Jeep 8 May 11th 05 10:05 PM
Hitch to 95 XLT [email protected] Ford Explorer 1 May 6th 05 07:40 PM