Teenagers?? Anyone Out There

Old August 30th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
GaryFenza

Default Teenagers?? Anyone Out There

im 16, and i have a 2001 Grand Prix SE, just wandering if there are any
other TEENAGE drivers out there and what do you drive...im new
so.....trying to get an idea of whos on the site, and its always cool
to hear from drivers more my age, hehe

--
GaryFenza
GaryFenza's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=473346

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old August 30th 06, 06:07 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Larry Scholnick

"GaryFenza" wrote:

> im 16, and i have a 2001 Grand Prix SE, just wandering if there are any
> other TEENAGE drivers out there and what do you drive...im new
> so.....trying to get an idea of whos on the site, and its always cool
> to hear from drivers more my age, hehe

For those who followed a recent thread that started with a Blind Man in the License Line
at the DMV, my blind friend has since purchased (and insured) a slightly used 2006
Toyota Matrix for his not-yet-16 (sighted!) daughter.

Old August 30th 06, 06:46 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Arif Khokar

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> You'll have a pretty tough time finding other teenagers here.

You forgot all about Cory?
Old August 30th 06, 07:34 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

Scott en Aztlán wrote: <brevity snip>
> You'll have a pretty tough time finding other teenagers here.

There are more than enough adolescent minds to go around in r.a.d. The
OP has found teenage driving perspective discussion nirvana.

Who has less perceived time to arrive other than those who have yet to
leave home...?
-----

- gpsman

Old August 30th 06, 08:00 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 20:24:16 -0700, GaryFenza
> wrote:

>im 16, and i have a 2001 Grand Prix SE, just wandering if there are any
>other TEENAGE drivers out there and what do you drive...im new
>so.....trying to get an idea of whos on the site, and its always cool
>to hear from drivers more my age, hehe

Teenagers should not be allowed to drive and are definitely not
allowed in this NG. Sorry.
Old August 30th 06, 10:25 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
John C.

"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote in message

> Teenagers should not be allowed to drive and are definitely not
> allowed in this NG. Sorry.

(obligatory troll response posting follows)

Does that mean you'll be leaving on your next birthday?
--
John C.

Old August 30th 06, 01:50 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Larry Bud

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 20:24:16 -0700, GaryFenza
> > wrote:
>

> >im 16, and i have a 2001 Grand Prix SE, just wandering if there are any
> >other TEENAGE drivers out there and what do you drive...im new
> >so.....trying to get an idea of whos on the site, and its always cool
> >to hear from drivers more my age, hehe

> Teenagers should not be allowed to drive and are definitely not
> allowed in this NG. Sorry.

What age did you get *your* license, eh hypocrite?

Old August 30th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> GaryFenza > said in

> You'll have a pretty tough time finding other teenagers here. Most of
> them aren't smart enough to figure out how to post to USENET. They're
> more into AIM and chat rooms and texting and scoping out scantily-clad
> chicks on MySpace. Congratulations on being a cut above the rest.

Don't forget the myspace automotive forums. Ever wonder what it would be
like to be back in highschool doing <whatever> sucks, comparing magazine
test results and outright lying about the car you drove? Go over to
myspace

Old August 30th 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
N8N

GaryFenza wrote:
> im 16, and i have a 2001 Grand Prix SE, just wandering if there are any
> other TEENAGE drivers out there and what do you drive...im new
> so.....trying to get an idea of whos on the site, and its always cool
> to hear from drivers more my age, hehe

Well, I've passed that age mark a few years ago, but when I was in high
school, my rides were borrowed vehicles that belonged to my parents -
they had three registered vehicles and only one kid, so it worked out
OK. My mom had an '84 Renault Encore; my dad had a '76 International
Harvester Scout II and a '73 Chevy Custom-10 stepside pickup. I
usually ended up piloting the Scout or the pickup, as we hadn't
restored the pickup yet.

The Renault is long since dead, but the pickup has been
restored/resto-rodded (it was bought new by my grandfather, so it's not
going anywhere) and the Scout has retired from road duty due to
terminal rust, but is still occasionally used to haul firewood (the
lack of body integrity hasn't compromised its off-road capabilities
any.)

No, I was certainly not "cool" as a teenager, at least in terms of what
I was driving. I'm currently finishing up a resto-mod project on a '55
Studebaker, so I'm probably still not "cool."

nate

Old August 30th 06, 02:04 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
[email protected]

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> GaryFenza > said in
> rec.autos.driving: