This Is Ridiculous!!! Isn't It???

Old October 1st 04, 03:28 AM
Diode

Diode spoke thusly...

> A good diagnostic technition

Oops, sorry, that's "technician". [I'm watching the debate].

--
-|>|- Diode -|<|-
'68 L-79 Coupe
Old October 1st 04, 06:14 PM
Charles Spitzer

try reading for content. i did not make either of the posts, nor claimed
anything about anything. the OP said that the shop bill was 90/hr, and that
the wrench was getting 20 of that. the next ranter then said that 20 was not
enough to run a shop, omitting from their comprehension the other 70
mentioned by the OP. i simply pointed out to the ranter that he didn't
bother to read the entire post, similar to you ranting at me about what you
claimed i said, but i didn't.

et...

Old October 1st 04, 06:14 PM
Charles Spitzer

Old October 1st 04, 07:14 PM
Diode

Charles Spitzer spoke thusly:

> bother to read the entire post, similar to you ranting at me about what you
> claimed i said, but i didn't.

You consider this a "rant"?? Whatever... Maybe the way you posted your
comments made it look like you were the one that said it. Either that
or my computer screws up posts only from you.

--

Shut up, Dave.

-|>|- Diode -|<|-
'68 L-79 Coupe
'79 Triumph Bonneville
Old October 1st 04, 07:14 PM
Diode

Old October 1st 04, 08:20 PM

what was meant that $20.00 was is no where near the going rate for a
first rate tech, and yes i did read and comprehend it. it would more
than likly amaze you to know what it cost to keep a first rate shop
going .If you think this is a rant, then i sugest that you try
getting out a little more. Greg
On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 10:14:38 -0700, "Charles Spitzer"
> wrote:

>try reading for content. i did not make either of the posts, nor claimed
>anything about anything. the OP said that the shop bill was 90/hr, and that
>the wrench was getting 20 of that. the next ranter then said that 20 was not
>enough to run a shop, omitting from their comprehension the other 70
>mentioned by the OP. i simply pointed out to the ranter that he didn't
>bother to read the entire post, similar to you ranting at me about what you
>claimed i said, but i didn't.

. net...

Old October 1st 04, 08:20 PM

what was meant that $20.00 was is no where near the going rate for a
first rate tech, and yes i did read and comprehend it. it would more
than likly amaze you to know what it cost to keep a first rate shop
going .If you think this is a rant, then i sugest that you try
getting out a little more. Greg
On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 10:14:38 -0700, "Charles Spitzer"
> wrote:

>try reading for content. i did not make either of the posts, nor claimed
>anything about anything. the OP said that the shop bill was 90/hr, and that
>the wrench was getting 20 of that. the next ranter then said that 20 was not
>enough to run a shop, omitting from their comprehension the other 70
>mentioned by the OP. i simply pointed out to the ranter that he didn't
>bother to read the entire post, similar to you ranting at me about what you
>claimed i said, but i didn't.

. net...

Old October 5th 04, 12:56 AM
TWW

"Robotron Tom" > wrote in message
> I had a miss throughout the RPM range and MPG dropped. I started by
> replacing the coil: no change. I purchased new OEM plug wires and Bosch
> Platinum +4 plugs and started installing them. Huge pain to do, I must
> admit. I got the 4 pass side wires on and new plugs in #2 and #4
> cylinders: no change. Dropped it at the nearby dealership this morning
> and they found #1 plug was dead. They installed the remaining parts(4
> wires and 6 plugs) for me and car runs great now.
>
> The bill: $425!!!!
> Did I get a hosing on this one?

Lucky they don't have adjust the valves. Just think if it had 4 valves per
cylinder and a VTEC system like Honda. You bill would be out of sight.

Old October 5th 04, 12:56 AM
TWW

Old October 6th 04, 06:58 PM
Grayfox

You got a really good deal..in my shop we would have charged you full price
plus we would have removed the plugs you installed and installed a set that
we purchased..we will never ever install any parts bought by the
customer...after all we make 60 to 80 percent profit on parts .we charge
book labor time or actual time whichever is longer....but never less than
book time.....we love to work on newer Vette because most yuppie owners are
so dumb that they will believe any thing you tell them...we however do
honest parts and labor..but take no crap from our customers..deal our way or
go to the GM dealer for a real rip off...I never advertise and have more
work than I can take care so we pick and choose..no work with out an
appointment which now runs about two weeks lead time...by the way we get
around $950 bucks just to tune up some of the older 12 cly Italian
jobs....( plugs/points included )