Accelerator

Old December 30th 07, 06:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
improvise

Default Accelerator

Need help fixing my accelerator. Every once in a while, when I step on the
pedal to get going, it sticks, I have to put a significant amount of
pressure to get to move.

Anybody have any ideas?

also my transmission, it works fine in the morning, but for example, if i
drive it down to the store, and jump in the vehicle again, the vehicle
starts going for about 2 seconds and then if feels like it delays then
catches then delays again i have to put it in nuetral while in motion then
back to drive, then its ok.

any ideas?

thanks!

Old December 30th 07, 07:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim Warman

Yep... lot's of ideas.... might help if we knew what we're working on,
though....

For all you top poster wieners.... Would putting this at the bottom help?

et...

Old December 30th 07, 08:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
improvise

i apologize, its a 1999 ford explorer

Old December 30th 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Big Shoe[_2_]

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 08:07:20 GMT, "improvise" >
wrote:

>i apologize, its a 1999 ford explorer
>
>"Jim Warman" > wrote in message
>> Yep... lot's of ideas.... might help if we knew what we're working on,
>> though....
>>
>> For all you top poster wieners.... Would putting this at the bottom help?
>>
>> "improvise" > wrote in message
>> et...
>>> Need help fixing my accelerator. Every once in a while, when I step on
>>> the pedal to get going, it sticks, I have to put a significant amount of
>>> pressure to get to move.
>>>
>>> Anybody have any ideas?
>>>
>>> also my transmission, it works fine in the morning, but for example, if i
>>> drive it down to the store, and jump in the vehicle again, the vehicle
>>> starts going for about 2 seconds and then if feels like it delays then
>>> catches then delays again i have to put it in nuetral while in motion
>>> then back to drive, then its ok.
>>>
>>> any ideas?
>>>
>>> thanks!

I also had this problem on my '99. Been a long time ago, but I think
Ford had a recall on the cable. Also the throttle plate sticks and
has to be cleaned.

Old December 30th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Plano Bill

Hey, Jim;

Good to see you "poppin" in again ! Been awhile....<G>

Old December 31st 07, 02:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim Warman

Hey, Bill.... hope Santa was good to you...

Old January 17th 08, 09:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
freeman, daniel l.

Sticking on my 94 was caused by dirt at the intake butterfly hinge.
good luck
df

"Jim Warman" > wrote in message
> Yep... lot's of ideas.... might help if we knew what we're working on,
> though....
>
> For all you top poster wieners.... Would putting this at the bottom help?
>
> "improvise" > wrote in message
> et...
>> Need help fixing my accelerator. Every once in a while, when I step on
>> the pedal to get going, it sticks, I have to put a significant amount of
>> pressure to get to move.
>>
>> Anybody have any ideas?
>>
>> also my transmission, it works fine in the morning, but for example, if i
>> drive it down to the store, and jump in the vehicle again, the vehicle
>> starts going for about 2 seconds and then if feels like it delays then
>> catches then delays again i have to put it in nuetral while in motion
>> then back to drive, then its ok.
>>
>> any ideas?
>>
>> thanks!

Accelerator Cable [email protected] VW air cooled 7 June 29th 07 12:45 PM
96 SL with bad accelerator pump??? Mike Swift Saturn 6 February 19th 07 10:04 PM
Stuck accelerator? X-3 RichieP BMW 8 January 18th 06 02:37 PM
Accelerator Buzzing mnt Ford Explorer 0 February 18th 05 02:21 AM
accelerator cable dragenwagen VW air cooled 4 January 21st 05 09:52 PM