Price for 2008 Honda CR_V 4WD EX-L NAV?

Old December 26th 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
johnhanson4TAKETHISPARTOUT-at-gmail.com

Default Price for 2008 Honda CR_V 4WD EX-L NAV?

I just paid $27,900 in Portland Oregon. What is the experience of
others in the group?

J Hanson
Old December 27th 07, 01:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Cal Vanize

johnhanson4TAKETHISPARTOUT-at-gmail.com wrote:
> I just paid $27,900 in Portland Oregon. What is the experience of
> others in the group?
>
> J Hanson

Though its an eastern seafood dish rather than a west coast seafood
dish, the operative word would seem to be scrod.

Two points. First, you bought two months too early. Dealers usually
get a little more desperate for a sale in mid-February when the market
is worse. Second, you paid $850 over invoice+destination. At this time
of year, you should probably have paid about $450 - 500 over
invoice+destination.

Dealer just told me that he'd sell for $400 over now. That means prolly
$200 over in February. But he knows that I know all of their costs
before I ever drive to the dealer.

Generally with the current credit crunch the market is a little slow.
You might have done better.

Maybe next time show the dealer all the research info on dealer invoice,
etc. you can get from Edmunds. Lay it all out in front of the salesman
and ask just how much he thinks he really needs above his cost. (there
are hidden incentives Honda provides that make dealer margins better
than what they appear.)

But if you're happy, that's all that counts.
Old December 27th 07, 04:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Scott Van Nest

Just to add, my experience is that when you go in with this information,
you don't get the run around. It is a very short negotiation when you are
knowledgeful. And if you do get hassled, be prepared to walk. That is the
most powerful bargaining chip a buyer has. The next dealer down the road
will likely be more than happy to make a deal.

I took it one step further and got the warranty at 1/2 the normal price.

I purchased our Ody in about 1 hour. Took the dealer longer to prep the car
than my negotiations.

Scott