2000 Voyager Gas Tank (Wiring) Question

Old August 13th 07, 12:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Only Me

Default 2000 Voyager Gas Tank (Wiring) Question

I'm scratching my head over a non start.
Tried to pick off 12 volts at the connector where pump power and tank sensor
go in, but don't seem to be finding any voltage at either...
Anyone know the color codes, and/or the routing for the fuel pump wiring?
I think something intermediate may have tripped, but keep losing the wires
as I try to follow them.

Old August 13th 07, 01:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"Only Me" > wrote in message
> I'm scratching my head over a non start.
> Tried to pick off 12 volts at the connector where pump power and tank

sensor
> go in, but don't seem to be finding any voltage at either...
> Anyone know the color codes, and/or the routing for the fuel pump wiring?
> I think something intermediate may have tripped, but keep losing the wires
> as I try to follow them.

The ASD relay supplies 12 volts to the pump and you will only have about 3
seconds to test is before the relay shuts off. Someone will have to turn key
on while you probe the wire. Before doing all that have someone turn the key
to the start position while you listen for the pump to turn on.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old August 13th 07, 10:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ted Mittelstaedt

"maxpower" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Only Me" > wrote in message
> > I'm scratching my head over a non start.
> > Tried to pick off 12 volts at the connector where pump power and tank

> sensor
> > go in, but don't seem to be finding any voltage at either...
> > Anyone know the color codes, and/or the routing for the fuel pump

wiring?
> > I think something intermediate may have tripped, but keep losing the

wires
> > as I try to follow them.
> >

> The ASD relay supplies 12 volts to the pump and you will only have about 3
> seconds to test is before the relay shuts off. Someone will have to turn

key
> on while you probe the wire. Before doing all that have someone turn the

key
> to the start position while you listen for the pump to turn on.

Glenn, wasn't the usual trick on that model to test the ASD relay was to
swap it with the A/C relay? Same exact relays.

Ted

Old August 13th 07, 11:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
damnnickname

Sure.Just make sure you do it with the key off or you will get a fault code
set for the ASD and whatever else you swap it out with

Old August 14th 07, 12:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
philthy[_1_]

you can use a good scan tool to turn on asd or fuel pump relay or you know how
to jump 12 volts to the fuel pump relay properly then you an test the whole
circuit in 30 seconds witb a test lite

Old August 14th 07, 02:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Only Me

"maxpower" > wrote in message
>> Anyone know the color codes, and/or the routing for the fuel pump wiring?

> The ASD relay supplies 12 volts to the pump and you will only have about 3
> seconds to test is before the relay shuts off. Someone will have to turn
> key
> on while you probe the wire. Before doing all that have someone turn the
> key
> to the start position while you listen for the pump to turn on.
>
> Glenn Beasley
> Chrysler Tech

And the correct color is?
Not that I have that many to choose from, but it'd be great to test with
some degree of certainty!

Old August 14th 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
damnnickname

Relay output to the pump is a Dark Green/White tracer wire at the pump.
You will have about 3 seconds to test this when the key is turned on.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Gas tank question majcrash Ford Mustang 1 March 30th 06 07:23 PM
Question about Chrysler Voyager 2000 Nobody News Chrysler 0 January 24th 06 05:12 PM
CJ5 gas tank question Steve G Jeep 1 November 21st 05 02:19 AM
92 Voyager-Possible Wiring Problems-Need Help! CaravanGuy Chrysler 9 September 15th 05 10:32 AM
2000 Accord EX ran out of gas with 5 gallons left in tank High Honda 13 August 1st 05 01:31 AM