CD Changer Probloem

Old January 7th 08, 01:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Big Shoe[_2_]

Default CD Changer Probloem

My 2005 Limited has the 6CD changer in the radio. This week, when I
turn on the radio, it cycles through all 6 CD's as if it were
several minutes of this, CD6 will begin to play. Next time I turn off
and restart, same thing again. By the way, it was about 20 degrees
when this started.

I'm really not anxious to replace this thing with an aftermarket radio
mainly because I lose the steering wheel controls. However, repair
cost will probably exceed the cost of a new aftermarket unit.

Any thoughts?
Old January 7th 08, 04:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Bill Jeffrey

Big Shoe wrote:
> My 2005 Limited has the 6CD changer in the radio. This week, when I
> turn on the radio, it cycles through all 6 CD's as if it were
> several minutes of this, CD6 will begin to play. Next time I turn off
> and restart, same thing again. By the way, it was about 20 degrees
> when this started.
>
> I'm really not anxious to replace this thing with an aftermarket radio
> mainly because I lose the steering wheel controls. However, repair
> cost will probably exceed the cost of a new aftermarket unit.
>
> Any thoughts?

Can you / have you ejected all the discs?

Bill
Old January 7th 08, 04:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
C. E. White[_1_]

"Big Shoe" > wrote in message
> My 2005 Limited has the 6CD changer in the radio. This week, when I
> turn on the radio, it cycles through all 6 CD's as if it were
> several minutes of this, CD6 will begin to play. Next time I turn
> off
> and restart, same thing again. By the way, it was about 20 degrees
> when this started.
>
> I'm really not anxious to replace this thing with an aftermarket
> radio
> mainly because I lose the steering wheel controls. However, repair
> cost will probably exceed the cost of a new aftermarket unit.
>
> Any thoughts?

I assume you are out of the warranty period. My suggestion is to check
Ebay. You see used Ford CD Players for sale there all the time and
they are often very inexpensive (see http://tinyurl.com/ypr6jl ). Next
best place is to check Radios and More http://www.radiosandmore.com/.
They will likely sell you an OEM replacement for less than $450. Or
you could have the unit repaired http://www.carradio.com/.

Ed

Old January 7th 08, 09:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Big Shoe[_2_]

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 09:12:27 -0700, Bill Jeffrey
> wrote:

>Big Shoe wrote:
>> My 2005 Limited has the 6CD changer in the radio. This week, when I
>> turn on the radio, it cycles through all 6 CD's as if it were
>> several minutes of this, CD6 will begin to play. Next time I turn off
>> and restart, same thing again. By the way, it was about 20 degrees
>> when this started.
>>
>> I'm really not anxious to replace this thing with an aftermarket radio
>> mainly because I lose the steering wheel controls. However, repair
>> cost will probably exceed the cost of a new aftermarket unit.
>>
>> Any thoughts?

>Can you / have you ejected all the discs?
>
>Bill

Yes, I ejected all the discs today and reloaded just one. The weather
has turned much warmer and the unit is working fine right now. It
seems to be associated so far with cold weather, don't know if it will
continue to give problems or not. We don't get much very cold weather
here in NC.

cd changer [email protected] BMW 4 July 8th 07 05:56 AM
CD Changer lobo VW water cooled 1 April 13th 06 12:07 PM
CD Changer Vijay BMW 8 March 4th 06 08:56 PM
CD Changer F.S. Hanna BMW 0 January 15th 06 04:59 PM
VW CD Changer JB VW water cooled 0 October 6th 04 11:24 PM