Black Logitech Momo Vs. Microsoft FF?

Old March 8th 05, 07:46 PM
NLaPlaca

Default Black Logitech Momo Vs. Microsoft FF?

I have the Microsoft wheel and am considering getting a momo. I do know
that the red momo is considered by many to be one of the best but they
no longer make the red momo.

Is the black momo functionally the same as the red? From what I
understand the black has a lot of plastic. I don't mind plastic. My
Microsoft wheel is plastic. I care about performance. If the red
performs that much better than the black then I will try to hunt one
down on ebay or something. Of course I won't really know if I like it
better than the Microsoft wheel until I actually try it for myself. I
just want to gather some opinions from those who have used both. Or all
3 that I have spoke of would be even better. Nick
Old March 8th 05, 10:13 PM
mjones53

Get the Driving force Pro instead, I have Both the Momo and the Driving
Force and I like the Driving Force better.

Old March 8th 05, 10:16 PM
tlgtr

I went from the MS wheel to the Momo. I like the 'feel and control'
better with the Momo over the MS. But, be aware there are (or at least
were) some problems associated with the pedals. Every now and then,
mine seem to lose response--at which point I unplug them from the wheel
and plug them back in and we are good to go until next time (this is a
'fix' I picked up from one of the forums.) Doesn't happen real often
but it does happen now and then.

I use the wheel for SCC and NR03. I do like the profiler for assigning
functions to various buttons-real easy to use.

Free advice...and worth just what ya paid for it...

Old March 8th 05, 10:18 PM
NLaPlaca

mjones53 wrote:
> Get the Driving force Pro instead, I have Both the Momo and the Driving
> Force and I like the Driving Force better.
> "NLaPlaca" > wrote in message
>
>>I have the Microsoft wheel and am considering getting a momo. I do know
>>that the red momo is considered by many to be one of the best but they no
>>longer make the red momo.
>>
>>Is the black momo functionally the same as the red? From what I understand
>>the black has a lot of plastic. I don't mind plastic. My Microsoft wheel
>>is plastic. I care about performance. If the red performs that much better
>>than the black then I will try to hunt one down on ebay or something. Of
>>course I won't really know if I like it better than the Microsoft wheel
>>until I actually try it for myself. I just want to gather some opinions
>>from those who have used both. Or all 3 that I have spoke of would be even
>>better. Nick

I should have mentioned that this wheel is for pc use. Mainly NR2003 and
other sims. The driving force is an console wheel correct?
Old March 8th 05, 10:31 PM
NLaPlaca

tlgtr wrote:
> I went from the MS wheel to the Momo. I like the 'feel and control'
> better with the Momo over the MS. But, be aware there are (or at least
> were) some problems associated with the pedals. Every now and then,
> mine seem to lose response--at which point I unplug them from the wheel
> and plug them back in and we are good to go until next time (this is a
> 'fix' I picked up from one of the forums.) Doesn't happen real often
> but it does happen now and then.
>
> I use the wheel for SCC and NR03. I do like the profiler for assigning
> functions to various buttons-real easy to use.
>
> Free advice...and worth just what ya paid for it...

Cool that seals it. Going to give that one a try. Thanks for making me
aware of the pedal situation. I think I remember reading about some
pedal issues. Nick
Old March 9th 05, 12:59 AM
RS990

> I should have mentioned that this wheel is for pc use. Mainly NR2003 and
> other sims. The driving force is an console wheel correct?

I think it works with a PC or a PS2.

Old March 9th 05, 12:47 PM
David G Fisher

"NLaPlaca" > wrote in message
> mjones53 wrote:
> > Get the Driving force Pro instead, I have Both the Momo and the Driving
> > Force and I like the Driving Force better.
> > "NLaPlaca" > wrote in message
> >
> >>I have the Microsoft wheel and am considering getting a momo. I do know
> >>that the red momo is considered by many to be one of the best but they

no
> >>longer make the red momo.
> >>
> >>Is the black momo functionally the same as the red? From what I

understand
> >>the black has a lot of plastic. I don't mind plastic. My Microsoft wheel
> >>is plastic. I care about performance. If the red performs that much

better
> >>than the black then I will try to hunt one down on ebay or something. Of
> >>course I won't really know if I like it better than the Microsoft wheel
> >>until I actually try it for myself. I just want to gather some opinions
> >>from those who have used both. Or all 3 that I have spoke of would be

even
> >>better. Nick

> I should have mentioned that this wheel is for pc use. Mainly NR2003 and
> other sims. The driving force is an console wheel correct?

Works for both, and is their top of the line wheel now. I think it's
fantastic.

--
David G Fisher

Old March 10th 05, 01:54 AM
Paul Grunwald

> Cool that seals it. Going to give that one a try. Thanks for making me
> aware of the pedal situation. I think I remember reading about some
> pedal issues. Nick

I picked one up a CompUSA a couple of weeks ago, it was $50 after rebate.
I'm not sure if the deal is still on...
Old March 10th 05, 06:01 PM
Larry

The Momo Force has better resolution and a shifter. That, really, is the
only improvement over the MSFFW.

Oh, and the very nice Logitech Profiler Software which blows Microsoft's
untended-for-5-years profile software away.

The new pedals on the Momo Force are the first acceptable Logitech Pedals to
me but I still think, from an ergonomic standpoint, the MS pedals are a bit
better. The resolution of the Logitech's is 8 times greater though (at
least in step count).

-Larry

Old March 10th 05, 06:03 PM
Larry

Dave,

I heard they back-slid on the pedals though. What do you think?

-Larry