Flex-a-Lite Black Magic Electric Fan

Old August 22nd 05, 04:53 PM
D.A. Degel

Default Flex-a-Lite Black Magic Electric Fan

Hi all-
I have a 1989 GT with a Black Magic electric cooling fan. It's wired in
such a way that it still runs after the ignition has been turned off. This
has turned out to be a problem since it's running the battery down to
nothing on warm days, when I leave it parked.
Anyway, I'd like to rewired the fan so that it turns off when the ignition
is turned off, however, I don't have a wiring diagram for my car.
So, for those of you who've installed a Black Magic fan, where did you
connect the blue wire that comes from the fan?
Or, does anyone know where I can get my hands on an '89 Mustang GT wiring
diagram?
Thanks in advance!

--
Dave Degel
1989 Medium Burgundy Red GT

Old August 22nd 05, 11:05 PM
WindsorFox[SS]

D.A. Degel wrote:
> Hi all-
> I have a 1989 GT with a Black Magic electric cooling fan. It's wired in
> such a way that it still runs after the ignition has been turned off. This
> has turned out to be a problem since it's running the battery down to
> nothing on warm days, when I leave it parked.
> Anyway, I'd like to rewired the fan so that it turns off when the ignition
> is turned off, however, I don't have a wiring diagram for my car.
> So, for those of you who've installed a Black Magic fan, where did you
> connect the blue wire that comes from the fan?
> Or, does anyone know where I can get my hands on an '89 Mustang GT wiring
> diagram?
> Thanks in advance!

It should have a thermostat on it, mine does. If it so and you
can't adjust it or it;s bad you can replace it.

--

"Gullible is a misdemeanor - stupid is a felony...
clueless gets you committed..." - JG
Old August 23rd 05, 04:53 AM
D.A. Degel

It very well may be bad, but I'd still like to rewire the fan so that it
doesn't run at all with the ignition off.
Thanks

Old August 23rd 05, 10:53 AM
David M

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 20:53:31 -0700, D.A. Degel rearranged some electrons
to form:

> It very well may be bad, but I'd still like to rewire the fan so that it
> doesn't run at all with the ignition off.
> Thanks

See http://www.autozone.com
for wiring diagrams.

> "WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote in message
>> D.A. Degel wrote:
>>> Hi all-
>>> I have a 1989 GT with a Black Magic electric cooling fan. It's wired in
>>> such a way that it still runs after the ignition has been turned off.
>>> This has turned out to be a problem since it's running the battery down
>>> to nothing on warm days, when I leave it parked.
>>> Anyway, I'd like to rewired the fan so that it turns off when the
>>> ignition is turned off, however, I don't have a wiring diagram for my
>>> car.
>>> So, for those of you who've installed a Black Magic fan, where did you
>>> connect the blue wire that comes from the fan?
>>> Or, does anyone know where I can get my hands on an '89 Mustang GT wiring
>>> diagram?
>>> Thanks in advance!
>>>

>> It should have a thermostat on it, mine does. If it so and you can't
>> adjust it or it;s bad you can replace it.
>>
>> --
>>
>> "Gullible is a misdemeanor - stupid is a felony...
>> clueless gets you committed..." - JG

--
David M (dmacchiarolo)
http://home.triad.rr.com/redsled

Old August 23rd 05, 06:02 PM
66 6F HCS

"David M" > wrote in message
newsan.2005.08.23.09.53.13.34669@sled351...
> On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 20:53:31 -0700, D.A. Degel rearranged some electrons
> to form:
>
>> It very well may be bad, but I'd still like to rewire the fan so that it
>> doesn't run at all with the ignition off.
>> Thanks
>>

> See http://www.autozone.com
> for wiring diagrams.

Sounds more like the OP needs a higher temp switch, not an override.
--
Scott W.
'66 HCS Mustang 289