Is the Honda CRV a womans car mainly?

Old October 17th 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred[_3_]

Default Is the Honda CRV a womans car mainly?

> Grow a set and drive whatever the hell you want.

I have no problems getting one of the CRV's I am just kind of wondering why
it is such a big womans car versus the Accord and Civic which is more mixed.
Maybe I will get the CRV, we'll see. Maybe the CRV 4WD LX. I like those.

But seriously is the jeep that unreliable?

Old October 18th 07, 05:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tony Harding

Siskuwihane wrote:
> On Oct 16, 6:51 pm, "alfred" > wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I like the CRV because it has what I am looking for in a car: versatility,
>> comfort, space, safety, comforts and 4WD. To date I am yet to see a guy
>> driving one (especially the new ones) anywhere! I don't really want to be
>> driving a car that is labeled as a womans car. When I went to the dealer I
>> talked to a salesman about my interest in the CRV. The first thing he asked
>> was if I had kids, when I said no, he seemed surprised that I would want the
>> CRV and tried to get me interested in the Pilots. Unfortunately I don't have
>> 30-36k to spend on an suv.
>>
>> Now I am thinking about the possibility of getting a Jeep Patriot or Jeep
>> Wrangler, just don't know what the reliability is like. I know those are
>> considered more men's cars than the CRV. Its not that this is a big issue,
>> but its a little odd that only women seem to drive them. Same with the RAV4
>> for that matter.
>>
>> I'm looking to be in the 19-24k range in the next car so I thought either of
>> the Jeeps would be in this range and offer some kinds of comfort and 4WD
>> ability.
>>
>> So does anyone know anything about the Jeeps from personal experience?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Al

> Grow a set and drive whatever the hell you want.

Amen to that!
Old October 18th 07, 07:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Steve[_40_]

In article >,
"alfred" > wrote:

> > Grow a set and drive whatever the hell you want.
> >

> I have no problems getting one of the CRV's I am just kind of wondering why
> it is such a big womans car versus the Accord and Civic which is more mixed.
> Maybe I will get the CRV, we'll see. Maybe the CRV 4WD LX. I like those.
>
> But seriously is the jeep that unreliable?

I've read all the responses to you Alfred, and everyone is being very
civil towards your idiotic statements.

Not me. You are an idiot. It's a big woman's car?

What a wimp! Get out of here, make yourself happy and buy that "Manly"
Jeep.
Old October 19th 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Kenneth J. Harris

1. I've owned 2 jeeps, and yes they definitely are unreliable. Not
major components but small parts and electrical problems that were
easily fixed but still a pain. Stay away from them. I've looked at the
CRV--nice but not quite big enough for my needs but I wouldn't hesitate
to buy one if it fit my needs. Now for the Pilot. Good vehicle, but
the 2008 is identical to the 2007 and will stop being produce in
February(the 2009 will come out in March). So, at least in my area, the
dealers are offering what I consider to be great prices to get them
moving out. Ads from all the Honda dealers in my area every week for
the Pilot VP for $27,495 + or minus a bit. To me this is a good deal.

Ken

Old October 19th 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
ACAR

On Oct 19, 10:30 am, "Kenneth J. Harris" >
wrote:
>snip
> Now for the Pilot. Good vehicle, but

But the Pilot, like other cross-overs, is built on a car platform and
is really just a modified minivan. Wussy.

Nissan and Toyota offer truck-based SUVs if the Jeeps aren't your cup
of tea. Go for V8 versions as any real man knows that more is better.

If you *NEED* a vehicle to support your contention that you are a man,
well, no vehicle is gonna solve your problems other than a Ferrari.

Old October 20th 07, 01:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Greg Campbell

alfred wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I like the CRV because it has what I am looking for in a car: versatility,
> comfort, space, safety, comforts and 4WD. To date I am yet to see a guy
> driving one (especially the new ones) anywhere! I don't really want to be
> driving a car that is labeled as a womans car. When I went to the dealer I
> talked to a salesman about my interest in the CRV. The first thing he asked
> was if I had kids, when I said no, he seemed surprised that I would want the
> CRV and tried to get me interested in the Pilots. Unfortunately I don't have
> 30-36k to spend on an suv.
>
> Now I am thinking about the possibility of getting a Jeep Patriot or Jeep
> Wrangler, just don't know what the reliability is like. I know those are
> considered more men's cars than the CRV. Its not that this is a big issue,
> but its a little odd that only women seem to drive them. Same with the RAV4
> for that matter.
>
> I'm looking to be in the 19-24k range in the next car so I thought either of
> the Jeeps would be in this range and offer some kinds of comfort and 4WD
> ability.
>
> So does anyone know anything about the Jeeps from personal experience?
>
> Thanks,
> Al

Damn, those advertising agencies deserve a bonus! They've done a
sterling job nurturing your insecurities! If you're THAT worried about
driving a 'woman's car' (whatever the hell that means!) then you clearly
need a freaking Hummer. Forget Honda altogether!

While performing a self inspection (in search of the 'set' you've been
urged to 'grow,') you might reach around and feel your back. There
should be something hard and lumpy just under the surface. Unless, of
course, those pesky aliens have sucked out your spine spine with that
'anal probe' thingy that gets so much press.

FWIW, I owned a late 80's Cherokee and it was a piece of junk. Whenever
something broke and I had to replace/disassemble some bit of hardware,
I'd be AMAZED that the POS worked AT ALL.

-Moo
Old October 20th 07, 04:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred[_3_]

Default Looks like the Accord my get my vote

Well unreliability is not something that I want either. Thats all I wanted,
information about the Jeep, although based on giving this some good thought
I am thinking more in the Civic and Accord areas. Accord will have good
comfort and Civic really good MPG. Still comfort such as what the Accord
offers is more important than the MPG since I am only averaging around
160-190 miles per week.

Basically what I am looking for is something which is roomy, comfortable,
safe and has decent performance. Snow ability and MPG are not the most
important, although good, the comfort and performance out weighs that. Plus
I tend to drive like a nut at times, drive fast and take corners fast and
stuff like that and I don't think the CRV would meet my handling and speed
requirements requirements!

If I had to choose one of the Accords it would probably be the 2008 ex 4cyl,
probably auto. My lease is up on my 2005 Accord ex in a few months, so I
will be making a desision soon.

Old October 20th 07, 03:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Ira Hayes

"alfred" > wrote in message
> Well unreliability is not something that I want either. Thats all I
> wanted, information about the Jeep, although based on giving this some
> good thought I am thinking more in the Civic and Accord areas. Accord will
> have good comfort and Civic really good MPG. Still comfort such as what
> the Accord offers is more important than the MPG since I am only averaging
> around 160-190 miles per week.
>
> Basically what I am looking for is something which is roomy, comfortable,
> safe and has decent performance. Snow ability and MPG are not the most
> important, although good, the comfort and performance out weighs that.
> Plus I tend to drive like a nut at times, drive fast and take corners fast
> and stuff like that and I don't think the CRV would meet my handling and
> speed requirements requirements!
>
> If I had to choose one of the Accords it would probably be the 2008 ex
> 4cyl, probably auto. My lease is up on my 2005 Accord ex in a few months,
> so I will be making a desision soon.

You're obviously a person who thinks things through carefully and makes
decisions based on objective data-- so why did you lease rather than
purchase your '05? You paid a lot more than you needed to over these past
three years to drive that puppy...

Old October 21st 07, 12:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred[_3_]

> You're obviously a person who thinks things through carefully and makes
> decisions based on objective data-- so why did you lease rather than
> purchase your '05? You paid a lot more than you needed to over these past
> three years to drive that puppy...

The reason I lease is because I like to get a new car every 3 years, because
I get bored easily (probably why I'm still single), and I like new things. I
don't like to have to fix things when they get old.

Buying a new car (financing) requires 15%-20% down in many cases and paying
the sales tax up front and on top of that the payments end up costing alot
more.

For instance with a 2008 accord the money down would be about $1,500.00 and
the sales tax would be worked into the lease. The payments would cost about
$360.00 per month for the 2008 ex auto.

On the other hand if I financed the 2008 accord ex auto for 3 years, I'd
have to put down $3750-$5000 dollars down and the sales tax of about $1750
and the monthly payments would still be $600.00 a month! Same insurance and
same everything else. Leasing is a no brainer. The only thing is that with a
finance you'd have a car worth about $14,000.00 at the end of the finance
and with the lease you wouldnt, but thats alot of money to shell out at the
begining and during the process.

Buying a used car i won't do, I've already done that in the past and after
owning a used Ford Taurus with only 67k miles on it all i can say is never
again to Fords and probably never again to used cars!

Al

Old October 21st 07, 05:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dave L

"alfred" > wrote in message

>> You're obviously a person who thinks things through carefully and makes
>> decisions based on objective data-- so why did you lease rather than
>> purchase your '05? You paid a lot more than you needed to over these past
>> three years to drive that puppy...
>>

> The reason I lease is because I like to get a new car every 3 years,
> because I get bored easily (probably why I'm still single), and I like new
> things. I don't like to have to fix things when they get old.
>
> Buying a new car (financing) requires 15%-20% down in many cases and
> paying the sales tax up front and on top of that the payments end up
> costing alot more.
>
> For instance with a 2008 accord the money down would be about $1,500.00
> and the sales tax would be worked into the lease. The payments would cost
> about $360.00 per month for the 2008 ex auto.
>
> On the other hand if I financed the 2008 accord ex auto for 3 years, I'd
> have to put down $3750-$5000 dollars down and the sales tax of about $1750
> and the monthly payments would still be $600.00 a month! Same insurance
> and same everything else. Leasing is a no brainer. The only thing is that
> with a finance you'd have a car worth about $14,000.00 at the end of the
> finance and with the lease you wouldnt, but thats alot of money to shell
> out at the begining and during the process.
>
> Buying a used car i won't do, I've already done that in the past and after
> owning a used Ford Taurus with only 67k miles on it all i can say is never
> again to Fords and probably never again to used cars!
>
> Al

A used Ford? No wonder you don't want to get close to another used car.
Used Hondas in general are much more reliable than a used Ford! What Ira
said is true about purchasing the vehicle. In terms of economics you'd
still make out better purchasing one vs. leasing IMHO. If the upfront $$ is
an issue, consider the Civic instead of the Accord. But if you want a new
car every 3 years...

However if you want room and comfort, the Accord is the way to go. They've
gotten a little larger for the '08. Civics are mure fun to drive but won't
give you as much room or comfort as the Accord. Whichever Honda you choose,
you can't really go wrong unless it doesn't fit your needs. Reliability of
the Jeep vs. Honda? I've known people with the Jeep Cherokee - no
comparison vs the Honda. Jeeps spent more time in the shop.

-Dave