Is the Honda CRV a womans car mainly?

Old October 16th 07, 11:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred[_3_]

Default Is the Honda CRV a womans car mainly?

Hello,

I like the CRV because it has what I am looking for in a car: versatility,
comfort, space, safety, comforts and 4WD. To date I am yet to see a guy
driving one (especially the new ones) anywhere! I don't really want to be
driving a car that is labeled as a womans car. When I went to the dealer I
talked to a salesman about my interest in the CRV. The first thing he asked
was if I had kids, when I said no, he seemed surprised that I would want the
CRV and tried to get me interested in the Pilots. Unfortunately I don't have
30-36k to spend on an suv.

Now I am thinking about the possibility of getting a Jeep Patriot or Jeep
Wrangler, just don't know what the reliability is like. I know those are
considered more men's cars than the CRV. Its not that this is a big issue,
but its a little odd that only women seem to drive them. Same with the RAV4
for that matter.

I'm looking to be in the 19-24k range in the next car so I thought either of
the Jeeps would be in this range and offer some kinds of comfort and 4WD
ability.

So does anyone know anything about the Jeeps from personal experience?

Thanks,
Al

Old October 17th 07, 12:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
tww1491

"alfred" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I like the CRV because it has what I am looking for in a car: versatility,
> comfort, space, safety, comforts and 4WD. To date I am yet to see a guy
> driving one (especially the new ones) anywhere! I don't really want to be
> driving a car that is labeled as a womans car. When I went to the dealer I
> talked to a salesman about my interest in the CRV. The first thing he
> asked was if I had kids, when I said no, he seemed surprised that I would
> want the CRV and tried to get me interested in the Pilots. Unfortunately I
> don't have 30-36k to spend on an suv.
>
> Now I am thinking about the possibility of getting a Jeep Patriot or Jeep
> Wrangler, just don't know what the reliability is like. I know those are
> considered more men's cars than the CRV. Its not that this is a big issue,
> but its a little odd that only women seem to drive them. Same with the
> RAV4 for that matter.
>
> I'm looking to be in the 19-24k range in the next car so I thought either
> of the Jeeps would be in this range and offer some kinds of comfort and
> 4WD ability.
>
> So does anyone know anything about the Jeeps from personal experience?
>
> Thanks,
> Al

See a lot of women driving Pilots -- my wife's one of them. Also see a lot
of women driving Suburbans, Tahoes, Expeditions and so forth. Probably need
to take a poll before you buy.

Old October 17th 07, 12:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred[_3_]

> See a lot of women driving Pilots -- my wife's one of them. Also see a
> lot of women driving Suburbans, Tahoes, Expeditions and so forth.
> Probably need to take a poll before you buy.

Yes I know you see women driving other SUV's. But....you very rarely see a
woman driving a Jeep Wrangler. Whats the reason for that?

Old October 17th 07, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Gordon McGrew[_1_]

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 18:51:52 -0400, "alfred" >
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I like the CRV because it has what I am looking for in a car: versatility,
>comfort, space, safety, comforts and 4WD. To date I am yet to see a guy
>driving one (especially the new ones) anywhere! I don't really want to be
>driving a car that is labeled as a womans car. When I went to the dealer I
>talked to a salesman about my interest in the CRV. The first thing he asked
>was if I had kids, when I said no, he seemed surprised that I would want the
>CRV and tried to get me interested in the Pilots. Unfortunately I don't have
>30-36k to spend on an suv.

Let me get this straight. If you don't have kids, you need a bigger
car?

Here is what is happening. CRVs are selling like hot cakes because
they are freshly redesigned and gas is over $3. Pilot sales are
sluggish. If the salesman sells you a Pilot, he will make more money
on that sale and he knows he can sell the CRV to someone else. So he
is jerking you chain trying to shame or embarrass you into buying a
car you don't want and can't afford.

Any time a salesman tells you it's a man's car or a woman's car, get
down on your back and look at the undercarriage between the rear
wheels. If you don't see genitalia, you can rest assured that the
salesman is full of ****.

Buy the car you want.

Old October 17th 07, 04:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

alfred wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I like the CRV because it has what I am looking for in a car: versatility,
> comfort, space, safety, comforts and 4WD. To date I am yet to see a guy
> driving one (especially the new ones) anywhere! I don't really want to be
> driving a car that is labeled as a womans car.

----------------------------

Here's some 'facts':
http://www.hondasuv.com/members/show...t=demographics

'Curly'
Old October 17th 07, 06:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Gordon McGrew[_1_]

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 19:29:31 -0400, "alfred" >
wrote:

>> See a lot of women driving Pilots -- my wife's one of them. Also see a
>> lot of women driving Suburbans, Tahoes, Expeditions and so forth.
>> Probably need to take a poll before you buy.
>>

>Yes I know you see women driving other SUV's. But....you very rarely see a
>woman driving a Jeep Wrangler. Whats the reason for that?

They're too smart?
Old October 17th 07, 02:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dano58

On Oct 16, 6:51 pm, "alfred" > wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I like the CRV because it has what I am looking for in a car: versatility,
> comfort, space, safety, comforts and 4WD. To date I am yet to see a guy
> driving one (especially the new ones) anywhere! I don't really want to be
> driving a car that is labeled as a womans car. When I went to the dealer I
> talked to a salesman about my interest in the CRV. The first thing he asked
> was if I had kids, when I said no, he seemed surprised that I would want the
> CRV and tried to get me interested in the Pilots. Unfortunately I don't have
> 30-36k to spend on an suv.
>
> Now I am thinking about the possibility of getting a Jeep Patriot or Jeep
> Wrangler, just don't know what the reliability is like. I know those are
> considered more men's cars than the CRV. Its not that this is a big issue,
> but its a little odd that only women seem to drive them. Same with the RAV4
> for that matter.
>
> I'm looking to be in the 19-24k range in the next car so I thought either of
> the Jeeps would be in this range and offer some kinds of comfort and 4WD
> ability.
>
> So does anyone know anything about the Jeeps from personal experience?
>
> Thanks,
> Al

I saw a guy driving one yesterday, while I was out walking. Of course,
it was a fairly wimpy-looking guy.... ;-) The only car I can think of
off the top of my head that I would definitively classify as a
'woman's car' would be the New Beetle. If you want the CRV, then buy
the CRV and enjoy it.

Dan D
Central NJ USA

Old October 17th 07, 03:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

Gordon McGrew wrote:

>> Yes I know you see women driving other SUV's. But....you very rarely see a
>> woman driving a _Jeep Wrangler_. Whats the reason for that?
>>

> They're too smart?

You are very perceptive, Grasshopper !!

'Curly'
Old October 17th 07, 10:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Siskuwihane

On Oct 17, 9:42 am, Dano58 > wrote:
> On Oct 16, 6:51 pm, "alfred" > wrote:
>

> > Hello,

> > I like the CRV because it has what I am looking for in a car: versatility,
> > comfort, space, safety, comforts and 4WD. To date I am yet to see a guy
> > driving one (especially the new ones) anywhere! I don't really want to be
> > driving a car that is labeled as a womans car. When I went to the dealer I
> > talked to a salesman about my interest in the CRV. The first thing he asked
> > was if I had kids, when I said no, he seemed surprised that I would want the
> > CRV and tried to get me interested in the Pilots. Unfortunately I don't have
> > 30-36k to spend on an suv.

> > Now I am thinking about the possibility of getting a Jeep Patriot or Jeep
> > Wrangler, just don't know what the reliability is like. I know those are
> > considered more men's cars than the CRV. Its not that this is a big issue,
> > but its a little odd that only women seem to drive them. Same with the RAV4
> > for that matter.

> > I'm looking to be in the 19-24k range in the next car so I thought either of
> > the Jeeps would be in this range and offer some kinds of comfort and 4WD
> > ability.

> > So does anyone know anything about the Jeeps from personal experience?

> > Thanks,
> > Al

> I saw a guy driving one yesterday, while I was out walking. Of course,
> it was a fairly wimpy-looking guy.... ;-) The only car I can think of
> off the top of my head that I would definitively classify as a
> 'woman's car' would be the New Beetle. If you want the CRV, then buy
> the CRV and enjoy it.
>
> Dan D
> Central NJ USA- Hide quoted text -

I'd own a New Beetle but then I'm also secure enough in my manhood to
do that sort of thing.

Old October 17th 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Siskuwihane

On Oct 16, 6:51 pm, "alfred" > wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I like the CRV because it has what I am looking for in a car: versatility,
> comfort, space, safety, comforts and 4WD. To date I am yet to see a guy
> driving one (especially the new ones) anywhere! I don't really want to be
> driving a car that is labeled as a womans car. When I went to the dealer I
> talked to a salesman about my interest in the CRV. The first thing he asked
> was if I had kids, when I said no, he seemed surprised that I would want the
> CRV and tried to get me interested in the Pilots. Unfortunately I don't have
> 30-36k to spend on an suv.
>
> Now I am thinking about the possibility of getting a Jeep Patriot or Jeep
> Wrangler, just don't know what the reliability is like. I know those are
> considered more men's cars than the CRV. Its not that this is a big issue,
> but its a little odd that only women seem to drive them. Same with the RAV4
> for that matter.
>
> I'm looking to be in the 19-24k range in the next car so I thought either of
> the Jeeps would be in this range and offer some kinds of comfort and 4WD
> ability.
>
> So does anyone know anything about the Jeeps from personal experience?
>
> Thanks,
> Al

Grow a set and drive whatever the hell you want.