I know nothing about blue lights

Old December 3rd 04, 01:44 AM
Jon and Cindy

Default I know nothing about blue lights

I've just got a 90 MX-6 for commuting and, this being the only Mazda ng,
I'll ask to trouble you for a few questions.

I'm replacing one of the headlights and would like a little more depth. Do
the blue bulbs work? If you've had experience with them, which brand/type to
use? I've heard some pull current/burn wiring, true? Do they come in
highbeam only configuration- which I'd prefer?

Also any automatic owners willing to tell me what the "Hold" is for.

What's the prefered manual Chilton or other?

thanks for patience, jon

Old December 3rd 04, 08:01 PM
Don Bruder

In article >,
"Jon and Cindy" > wrote:

> I've just got a 90 MX-6 for commuting and, this being the only Mazda ng,
> I'll ask to trouble you for a few questions.
>
> I'm replacing one of the headlights and would like a little more depth. Do
> the blue bulbs work?

Sure... they work great for blinding/annoying the everlovin' **** out of
anybody unfortunate enough to be exposed to their glare. Aside from
that, they're even more worthless than the oft-cited tits on a boar hog.

> If you've had experience with them, which brand/type to
> use?

Personally, I'd recommend you go with whatever brand is handy, then
modify them slightly, as follows:

1) Install
2) Hit repeatedly with a hammer until the blue goes away.
3) Go buy a PROPER set of headlights and install them.

Hint, in case you didn't catch it when I was trying to be subtle:
Those <I'll be polite and elide the string of cuss-words> blue lights
should be legal justification for shooting the moron who put them on the
car, the idiot driving it, and anyone else even remotely connected with
them existing in the first place.

--
Don Bruder - - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
See <http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd/main/contact.html> for full details.
Old December 4th 04, 03:38 AM
Jon and Cindy

<unsnip> What's the prefered manual Chilton or other?

> > I've just got a 90 MX-6 for commuting and, this being the only Mazda ng,
> > I'll ask to trouble you for a few questions.
> >
> > I'm replacing one of the headlights and would like a little more depth.

Do
> > the blue bulbs work?

> Sure... they work great for blinding/annoying the everlovin' **** out of
> anybody unfortunate enough to be exposed to their glare. Aside from
> that, they're even more worthless than the oft-cited tits on a boar hog.
>
> > If you've had experience with them, which brand/type to
> > use?

> Personally, I'd recommend you go with whatever brand is handy, then
> modify them slightly, as follows:
>
> 1) Install
> 2) Hit repeatedly with a hammer until the blue goes away.
> 3) Go buy a PROPER set of headlights and install them.
>
> Hint, in case you didn't catch it when I was trying to be subtle:
> Those <I'll be polite and elide the string of cuss-words> blue lights
> should be legal justification for shooting the moron who put them on the
> car, the idiot driving it, and anyone else even remotely connected with
> them existing in the first place.
>
> --
> Don Bruder - - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21,

2004.
> Short form: I'm trashing EVERY E-mail that doesn't contain a password in

the

Old December 4th 04, 04:12 AM
Doug

><unsnip> What's the prefered manual Chilton or other?

That's a good Q. I'm so disappointed in the Chilton and Haynes
manuals today. They lump so many models and years together that I
often find the instructions less than perfect. In the old days
(80's), Chilton's was spot on.

Doug