Don't want a Civic b/c it's too ugly

Old April 29th 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Seth

Default Don't want a Civic b/c it's too ugly

"ecarecar" > wrote in message
et...
> Get a little maturity. Beauty is only sheet metal deep.

Agreed. The only part of the car I pay attention to (looks wise) is the
dash board. It's the only part I see when driving. How the outside of my
car looks is not my problem.

Old April 30th 07, 01:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
erdos

Yes - you're correct on all accounts.

Actually, the Civic Si is a nice looking car:
http://automobiles.honda.com/assets/..._si_34REAR.jpg
http://automobiles.honda.com/assets/...ery/large4.jpg
http://automobiles.honda.com/images/...ery/large4.jpg

Trimmings make all of the difference. Is the Si just a sportier EX?

Old April 30th 07, 03:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
BIAR

I like the outside of the new civic and I like the performance of the
si.But when I drive one.I feel like I am in a mini-van.I don,t like the
windshield and the little windows at the A pillar.

--
BIAR
BIAR's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=300592

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old April 30th 07, 04:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
erdos

Let's say I go with a 2008 Civic EX with Si trimmings (EX b/c I want
auto) and it cost $23,500. I use my '92 Civic EX with 167k miles,
some dings but perfect mechanical condition and kbb of $1800. It also
has alarm and CD/MP3 player but that probably doesn't matter. Credit
and descretionary income are high. I'll put down $10k or perhaps
$15k. What is a ballpark of what I can get the car for using those
two figures? I'd like to keep the monthly note under $600 w/
insurance.

When is a good time to buy a 2008? I'll be a first time buyer as well.

Old April 30th 07, 07:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Joe LaVigne

erdos wrote:

> Let's say I go with a 2008 Civic EX with Si trimmings (EX b/c I want
> auto) and it cost $23,500. I use my '92 Civic EX with 167k miles,
> some dings but perfect mechanical condition and kbb of $1800. It also
> has alarm and CD/MP3 player but that probably doesn't matter. Credit
> and descretionary income are high. I'll put down $10k or perhaps
> $15k. What is a ballpark of what I can get the car for using those
> two figures? I'd like to keep the monthly note under $600 w/
> insurance.
>
> When is a good time to buy a 2008? I'll be a first time buyer as well.

I bought my 06 Si with 0 down, no trade. My monthly payment is $400, and
the monthly insurance is about $100.

If you are trading in for $2000, and putting down $10k-$15k, your payment
will be much lower.

Old May 1st 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dave L

"Joe LaVigne" > wrote in message
> erdos wrote:
>
>> Let's say I go with a 2008 Civic EX with Si trimmings (EX b/c I want
>> auto) and it cost $23,500. I use my '92 Civic EX with 167k miles,
>> some dings but perfect mechanical condition and kbb of $1800. It also
>> has alarm and CD/MP3 player but that probably doesn't matter. Credit
>> and descretionary income are high. I'll put down $10k or perhaps
>> $15k. What is a ballpark of what I can get the car for using those
>> two figures? I'd like to keep the monthly note under $600 w/
>> insurance.
>>
>> When is a good time to buy a 2008? I'll be a first time buyer as well.

> I bought my 06 Si with 0 down, no trade. My monthly payment is $400, and
> the monthly insurance is about $100.
>
> If you are trading in for $2000, and putting down $10k-$15k, your payment
> will be much lower.

After you know how much you want to finance, go he
http://www.bankrate.com/brm/auto-loan-calculator.asp

Plug in the loan amount, term of the loan (months/yrs) and the interest
rate. It'll figure out your monthy payments. Call your insurance agent to
get a quote. Your agent may ask for a vin# to get a more specific quote.
If you go through the dealership finance they can often get your monthly
payment down to almost anything you want - but you'll be EXTENDING your loan
and paying more interest.

And don't forget to have a little fun test driving your options!
-Dave

Old May 1st 07, 07:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
erdos

Using the numbers I have above, the monthly will be around $430. I'll
probably lease since I don't want to keep the car very long. I'm
still considering an '08 Jetta TDi. Leasing will be $2900 dn and $199/
mo for 36 months through VW. That's a better deal for me. I imagine
Honda will have a great lease offer as well.

Old May 1st 07, 11:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
High Tech Misfit

erdos wrote:

> Using the numbers I have above, the monthly will be around $430. I'll
> probably lease since I don't want to keep the car very long. I'm
> still considering an '08 Jetta TDi. Leasing will be $2900 dn and $199/
> mo for 36 months through VW. That's a better deal for me. I imagine
> Honda will have a great lease offer as well.

Some advice: Avoid the Jetta. VW's are unreliable junk.
Old May 1st 07, 12:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
ACAR

On Apr 30, 11:44 am, erdos > wrote:
> Let's say I go with a 2008 Civic EX with Si trimmings (EX b/c I want
> auto) and it cost $23,500.

A 2007 Accord EX auto is less expensive right now. In a couple of
months it'll be cheaper still (new Accord due in the fall). Higher
resale value and lower insurance make the Accord a better buy than the
Civic, IMHO. (Fuel economy isn't the only measure used to calculate
total cost of ownership.)

Civic Si: if you don't know what a LSD is, you're wasting your money
buying the Si. However, your insurance agent will be happy to
accommodate you. Yeah, the Corolla isn't pretty. Yet it outsells the
Civic. I put a set of decent tires on a '99 Corolla and it was a great
econo-car. Still, when Accord LXs start to go for $18.5K in June a
$17K Corolla just doesn't cut it.

YMMV

Old May 1st 07, 07:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
erdos

> Some advice: Avoid the Jetta. VW's are unreliable junk.

The Jetta TDi has been more reliable than the gasoline Jetta. Most of
the complaints come from the gasoline Jetta. You don't hear much from
TDi owners. Check the rating: http://www.edmunds.com/volkswagen/je...rreview.1.html.
Same as a Honda Civic EX of the same year. You'll also notice a
number of gasoline Jetta owners are mixed in that rating, weighing
down the overall, and it still gets 9.2.

Ugly Cop Sir Lex Driving 1 April 26th 06 05:59 AM
StarForce. Looks like it's getting ugly... Larry Simulators 0 February 1st 06 08:40 PM
New Commander is UGLY wkearney99 Jeep 19 December 21st 05 04:48 AM
"the Magnum is ugly" Jack Carter Dodge 13 October 5th 05 01:42 AM
Candidate for ugly jjs VW air cooled 3 January 6th 05 02:53 AM