Arizona State Route 153

Old June 1st 07, 06:00 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Carl Rogers

Default Arizona State Route 153

Hi All,

The Worldwide Highway Library resumes its tour of the American
southwest. We'll start things off here in the urban desert. It's
here that you find artistically-crafted and spacious property for
pennies on the dollar, in comparison to American coastal property.
Many potential to-be home buyers first fly into the Phoenix area.
Tonight, a video of Arizona State Route 153--a feeder route for this
airport--has been added for your research and pleasu

http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/az-153.wmv

Keep your eyes peeled for Exit 2A.

Not in this video, but definitely worth mention, is a sign gallery
found at the northern terminus of the route. This a factoid may
appeals to those who think in terms of a continuum. How so? The sign
gallery reads "AZ 202 West/Los Angeles". Pretty neat, eh?

For all of your other highway research needs in the Grand Canyon
State, please refer to http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/repository.html#az
, or the Calrog.com Bookstore at http://www.lulu.com/calrog-bookstore.

Cheers,

Carl Rogers
from Scottsdale, AZ, USA
"Adding human experience to highway enthusiasm"
********
Calrog.com, http://www.calrog.com :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An integrated media arm in Turn-of-the-Century PC Development,
International Highway Research, and Interpersonal Psychology. Has
served your home country and ninety-five of its worldwide neighbours
since 2000, through Internet downstream and published works.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/calrog
********

Old June 1st 07, 01:54 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Rich Piehl[_2_]

Carl Rogers wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> The Worldwide Highway Library resumes its tour of the American
> southwest. We'll start things off here in the urban desert. It's
> here that you find artistically-crafted and spacious property for
> pennies on the dollar, in comparison to American coastal property.
> Many potential to-be home buyers first fly into the Phoenix area.
> Tonight, a video of Arizona State Route 153--a feeder route for this
> airport--has been added for your research and pleasu
>
> http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/az-153.wmv

Yeah, more night shooting - but we do get to see two BGS for Sky Harbor
Airport so it can be confirmed that you are at least in Phoenix.

"Traffic is relatively light here on a Thursday night..." Duh! Not too
many people head to the airport at 3 AM.

No mention of what the construction barrels are for - how 'bout some
pertinent information.

From: > http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/factoid

> 1 : an invented fact believed to be true because of its appearance in print
> 2 : a briefly stated and usually trivial fact

Take care,
Rich

God bless the USA

--
Et in terra pax
Old June 1st 07, 08:24 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
C.O.

AZ 153 is lightly traveled at best, whether it's 3 am or 3 pm. This is
mostly because of AZ 143, and the fact the southern end does not have
a direct connection to I-10 (if it had been completed, it would
connect to I-10 at 40th St). The orange cones block of the area where
the expressway begins at University Dr. Maybe ADOT should consider
running the south end of 153 into 143 and rebuild 143 from the south
end of the airport to I-10. Pretty much use the old layout where the
original 143 curved into 44th St.

Old June 2nd 07, 03:19 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
My Eyes Told Me That My Heart Was in Danger

Carl Rogers wrote:

> Not in this video, but definitely worth mention, is a sign gallery
> found at the northern terminus of the route. Â*This a factoid may
> appeals to those who think in terms of a continuum. Â*How so? Â*The sign
> gallery reads "AZ 202 West/Los Angeles". Â*Pretty neat, eh?

Youth is wasted on the young, and money is wasted on the stupid. Wish I
could gould go bipping around the countryside. You'd get a lot more than a
few ****ty .wmv videos, I'll tell you that.

--
Comrade Otto Yamamoto
http://mryamamoto.50megs.com