'78 Honda Civic -- direction signals

Old January 26th 06, 10:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default '78 Honda Civic -- direction signals

'78 Honda Civic -- temperamental direction signals

My '78 Honda Civic (1200) has developed temperamental direction
signals, and I
am at a loss how to cure it. Sometimes they work normally, but then
stop. Then resume.
Then stop again. Completely unpredictably. It seems that sometimes
quickly flicking the signal lever back and forth would restore the
operation, but this may be an illusion. I think I've located the
switching mechanism in the console a bit to the left of the manual
choke knob. (This car has a manual choke!) With two fingers from
below, I can feel it vibrating when it works. Do I have to remove the
console to access the unit or can the repair be done from below? The
Honda repair manual has no suggestions.
Sometimes I have to open the window (at 20 degrees F) to give a manual
direction signal.
Thanks for any help with hints and/or referrals.

I remember changing the direction signal switch in a Pinto by
unplugging the old clicker and replacing it with a new one. It was
easily accessible.

Alex

Old January 27th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"alex" > wrote in
ups.com:

> '78 Honda Civic -- temperamental direction signals

<snip>

alt.autos.honda has replies to this message.

Unfortunately, OP has not crossposted correctly, so you'll have to go to
the other group to see the replies.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ