Pets Warehouse - Profound Indifference.

Old September 8th 08, 11:19 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
[email protected]

Default Pets Warehouse - Profound Indifference.

On Saturday, September 6th, 2008, I planned to pick up an online order
at Pets Warehouse in Copiague, New York. A sizable business with a
substantial internet presence, I had purchased from them online on
several previous occasions.

In this particular instance, I required several pounds of bloodworms
which I had ordered Wednesday, August 27th and which were confirmed to
be ready for in-store pick-up by Raphael (Rafael?) on Friday,
September 5th. (I was informed that part of the order, silversides,
was not ready which would mean two separate trips to Pets Warehouse;
however I did not urgently require silversides, so I chose to simply
pick up the bloodworms.) Since I received this telephone
confirmation from Pets Warehouse, I did not replenish my stock of
bloodworms because I would not need them until September 7th, when my
fish were due for feeding.

On the evening of Saturday, September 6th I telephoned Pets Warehouse
to confirm their closing time which was stated as 9:00 pm. At
approximately 7:45 pm on that evening, I drove with my wife
approximately 45 minutes through very inclement weather (due to a
weather disturbance which had been downgraded to tropical storm
Hanna); we reached the store shortly after 8:30.

Upon entering the parking lot, I saw only one vehicle and then noticed
that many lights were out. Upon realizing the store was closed, I
looked at the store hours posted on the front door. They confirmed
that the store was open Saturdays until 9:00 pm. Since there was
nothing to do but return home, I went to my wife's car and explained
the situation. It was at that juncture that I saw two individuals in
the store.

I felt relieved since I reasoned that after I explained...

--My one-and-a-half hour round trip through very inclement weather;
--That all items were paid for in advance;
--That my items were confirmed the previous day by Raphael as ready
for pick-up;
--That I had a printed receipt of prepayment which would make the
transaction simple and quick;
--That I had no supply of blood worms remaining;
--That I had called in advance and that their closing time was stated
as 9:00;
--and that it was only 8:30...

....that they would not hesitate to provide my order. I was abysmally
incorrect. I tapped the glass at which point the closest of the two
employees (whom I know to be employees based upon previous visits),
motioned with his hand across his throat in a cutting motion,
indicating "closed." Given that he did not know my situation, I
motioned and requested that he come closer so that I could talk. He
remained in place and repeated the motion with his hand.

After several more attempts, he reluctantly approached the glass
doors, and through an opening between them, stated the obvious: the
store was closed. I replied that it was 8:30, that I had called ahead
and that the store was supposed to be open to 9:00 on Saturdays; I
also pointed to the 9:00 time on the door, all to no avail. The
employee simply asked if I had "seen the weather?" I stated where I
had driven from and that I had driven one-and-a-half hours round
trip. I added that Raphael had confirmed by phone a prepaid, in-stock
order. He shrugged his shoulders and looked at me through the glass.
I asked his name, which he provided and then simply turned and walked
away. Unfortunately, I was so incensed I uttered a profane expression
as he left. The employee, who now was some distance away with his
back to me, simply shrugged his shoulders again. The incident was
distressing enough that my wife offered to drive home.

While I can understand the inconvenience of remaining open in
inclement weather, Pets Warehouse had several options which could have
averted this situation: they could have alerted customers via a phone
message that the store was closing "at...". Alternatively, the
employee would have fostered good will by obtaining the in-stock
merchandise and handing it to me. This message would then have had
quite a different tenor.

In any case, upon arriving home, I immediately stopped credit payment
and placed all items in dispute. I also made a follow-up call in which
I left a message advising the store of this action and my intent to
post a review of the events of that evening. Not surprisingly, my
call has not been returned to date.

So, I write this for whatever it is worth...

Alan

Old September 9th 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
[email protected]

On Sep 8, 6:50 pm, John Smith wrote:
So, I write this for whatever it is worth...

Alan

Although I have never done any business with them, I will make sure I
don't, in the future ... thanks for taking the time to alert us.

Regards,
JS

--
It is like a nightmare where the public servants are the people which
the police are supposed to protect us from!

Thanks. I couldn't agree more!
Old September 9th 08, 04:29 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
John Smith[_2_]

Default Pets Warehouse - Profound Indifference. Cry me a freaking storefull of blood worms but first get out of those panties you bitching twit!

expat wrote:

big ****ing deal so the dam store closed early.and you had to drive in
the rain whooooooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooo folks drive inthe
rain every day in some areas and do not bitch., Get the **** over it
dumbass, thats life and your incessant bitching about it here is not
going to affect their business one way or the other. In fact it may
only add to their customer database......No go get out of your wifes
panties and bra and dress and get dressed up like a real man and quit
your moaing and bitching.

Scary ... but I do believe that actually makes sense to you and you
would consider those to be valid comments to the original poster ...
sad. :-(

Regards,
JS

Old September 9th 08, 05:17 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
[email protected]

On Sep 8, 9:53 pm, John Smith wrote:
Thanks. I couldn't agree more!

Actually, I have been thinking on this. I certainly hope you follow-up
and contact the store owner and make him aware of his employees
behavior(s.) It would be unjust to allow them one more days of wages
with out proper reprimand/firing. You know how it goes, one is too busy
to take the extra effort and these guys & gals hang around too long
being a pain to too many ... it is time we hit 'em in the pocketbook
where it HURTS!

Regards,
JS

--
It is like a nightmare where the public servants are the people which
the police are supposed to protect us from!

In the process of contacting the store owner, and thanks for your
support!! Nice to know someone cares!!
Old September 9th 08, 09:39 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
expat[_2_]

Default Pets Warehouse - Profound Indifference. AKR the big panty wearingtransvestite is on his time of the month...........anyone have some MIDOL forthis big fella to ease his mood swings!

On Sep 9, 11:17*am, wrote:
On Sep 8, 9:53 pm, John Smith wrote:

Thanks. *I couldn't agree more!

Actually, I have been thinking on this. *I certainly hope you follow-up
and contact the store owner and make him aware of his employees
behavior(s.) *It would be unjust to allow them one more days of wages
with out proper reprimand/firing. *You know how it goes, one is too busy
to take the extra effort and these guys & gals hang around too long
being a pain to too many ... it is time we hit 'em in the pocketbook
where it HURTS!

Regards,
JS

--
It is like a nightmare where the public servants are the people which
the police are supposed to protect us from!

In the process of contacting the store owner, and thanks for your
support!! *Nice to know someone cares!!- Hide quoted text -

You big old panty wearing guy, Your so sensitive and easy to sway with
those mood changes. I never knew Tranvestites had a period. Cry on you
big old baby in womens panties. Maybe someone will send you some MIDOL
to ease those cramps and mood swings you big sissy!

Pets Warehouse Oscar General 4 November 25th 04 03:18 AM
Pets Warehouse Oscar Goldfish 2 October 19th 04 01:56 PM
Pets Warehouse Oscar Plants 4 October 17th 04 09:15 PM
Pets Warehouse Oscar Reefs 0 October 17th 04 01:13 PM
Pets Warehouse Oscar Cichlids 0 October 17th 04 01:11 PM