NC Spy Pics

Old October 20th 04, 07:14 PM
Scott Streeter

Default NC Spy Pics

Looks like the real deal.

http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery...x-5-04-10.html

--
Scott Streeter

http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/
Old October 20th 04, 11:02 PM
Chief_Wiggum

looks quite a bit W I D E R than the current model .

maybe it's just the pix.

"Scott Streeter" > wrote in message

> Looks like the real deal.

http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery...x-5/mx-5-04-10.
html

http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

Old October 21st 04, 02:05 AM
Anthony

Scott Streeter > wrote in message >...
> Looks like the real deal.
>
> http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery...x-5-04-10.html

Meh, it looks all right. I don't understand, though, why the hell
Mazda keeps putting bigger and bigger wheels on the poor thing. It
just looks stupid to have 17 and 18 inch rims on such a small car. It
can't be good for the handling either, being that such large rims
weigh considerably more than smaller rims which increase the unsprung
weight and increase rotational inertia. Bad news. I guess Mazda is
giving in to the whole "bling bling" generation........ :-P

~Anthony
Old October 21st 04, 02:09 PM
Scott Streeter

(Anthony) writes:

> Scott Streeter > wrote in message >...
> > Looks like the real deal.

http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery...x-5-04-10.html

> Meh, it looks all right. I don't understand, though, why the hell
> Mazda keeps putting bigger and bigger wheels on the poor thing. It
> just looks stupid to have 17 and 18 inch rims on such a small car. It
> can't be good for the handling either, being that such large rims
> weigh considerably more than smaller rims which increase the unsprung
> weight and increase rotational inertia. Bad news. I guess Mazda is
> giving in to the whole "bling bling" generation........ :-P
>
> ~Anthony

Not to mention tires are a LOT more expensive in those big sizes.

--
Scott Streeter

http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/
Old October 21st 04, 09:46 PM
Tom Howlin

Is that duel exhaust as standard equipment? It looks like there could
be a little of the "flame" surfacing that BMW has used to ruin almost
there entire lineup. Hope it's just the way the covering lays against
the body. Based upon the top, it doesn't look significantly different
in size that either the NA or NB (almost looks like the top would still
fit the different generations). Will they carry over the Mazdaspeed
eidition? Anyone know when it's actually going to shown to the public
for real?

Tom
92 Red

Old October 22nd 04, 01:26 PM
Scott Streeter

Tom Howlin > writes:

> Is that duel exhaust as standard equipment? It looks like there could
> be a little of the "flame" surfacing that BMW has used to ruin almost
> there entire lineup. Hope it's just the way the covering lays against
> the body. Based upon the top, it doesn't look significantly different
> in size that either the NA or NB (almost looks like the top would
> still fit the different generations). Will they carry over the
> Mazdaspeed eidition? Anyone know when it's actually going to shown to
> the public for real?
>
> Tom
> 92 Red
>
> Scott Streeter wrote:
> > Looks like the real deal.
> > http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery...x-5-04-10.html

More pics with top down

http://bilder.autobild.de/bilder/1/58012
http://bilder.autobild.de/bilder/1/58013
http://bilder.autobild.de/bilder/1/58014
http://bilder.autobild.de/bilder/1/58015
http://bilder.autobild.de/bilder/1/58016

--
Scott Streeter

http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/
Old October 22nd 04, 04:53 PM
jchase

Scott Streeter wrote:

> (Anthony) writes:
>

>>Meh, it looks all right. I don't understand, though, why the hell
>>Mazda keeps putting bigger and bigger wheels on the poor thing. It
>>just looks stupid to have 17 and 18 inch rims on such a small car. It
>>can't be good for the handling either, being that such large rims
>>weigh considerably more than smaller rims which increase the unsprung
>>weight and increase rotational inertia. Bad news. I guess Mazda is
>>giving in to the whole "bling bling" generation........ :-P
>>
>>~Anthony

> Not to mention tires are a LOT more expensive in those big sizes.

My take on the pictures:
Its the same platform- the windshield and cockpit contours seem
unchanged; the side glass and mirrors match.

The rear deck may be a bit shorter, but that may be the tape. The
high-mount center brake light is moved, looking more like the BMW

I seem to see a bit of wheelwell flare, and perhaps an accent curve
above each fender.

The lights appear to be a bit "edgier", probably more of the
multiple-circles style found in the current 3, 6 and 8.

There is obviously a piece of padding taped over the door to hide some
sort of styling; there may be something similar between the headlight
(perhaps an extra air scoop?) They still haven't figured out a really
good place for the front license plate.

All in all, seems to be a very discrete redesign. I do agree about the
wheels- my '99 is still riding on its original 14" units and looks and
feels fine.

Joe
Silver '99

Old October 22nd 04, 06:29 PM
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
jchase > wrote:

> My take on the pictures:
> Its the same platform- the windshield and cockpit contours seem
> unchanged; the side glass and mirrors match.

I hope it will come in duct tape colors other than gray...

--
Lanny Chambers, St. Louis, USA
'94C
Old October 23rd 04, 01:19 AM
Leon van Dommelen

(Anthony) wrote:

>Scott Streeter > wrote in message >...
>> Looks like the real deal.

http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery...x-5-04-10.html

>Meh, it looks all right. I don't understand, though, why the hell
>Mazda keeps putting bigger and bigger wheels on the poor thing. It
>just looks stupid to have 17 and 18 inch rims on such a small car. It
>can't be good for the handling either, being that such large rims
>weigh considerably more than smaller rims which increase the unsprung
>weight and increase rotational inertia. Bad news. I guess Mazda is
>giving in to the whole "bling bling" generation........ :-P

Of course, they might just be cover-up wheels. But if that is a
test track, I guess maybe not. If those are clear tail lights,
only white Miatas are going to look real good. But that is as
it always has been.

I wonder about the dual exhausts. For show value they seem too
small to me. So what is up?

Leon

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)